Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Liverpool fan, it pains me to say it, but congratulations. United were clearly the better team over the course of the season and fully deserve number 18. The league was realistically over a long time ago but I'm glad you were pushed as far as possible.

Although you have a lot of class players, I think it's the squad players that deserve a lot of the credit. Strength in depth is what kept you strong over the season, whereas Liverpool dropped points with key players missing.

Hopefully next season we can put up a better fight.

Congrats again, and feel free to merge this into wherever.

G

·
Thanks Occy. It's good to know there are some Liverpool fans who can give credit where it's due. Just a shame your manager can't bring himself to do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Occy. It's good to know there are some Liverpool fans who can give credit where it's due. Just a shame your manager can't bring himself to do it.
Surely when you've just won the title you would be too interested in your own achievements to bother with the petty crap.

You just won the title. Who cares what Rafa thinks?

G

·
Surely when you've just won the title you would be too interested in your own achievements to bother with the petty crap.

You just won the title. Who cares what Rafa thinks?
When Chelsea won the league Fergie congratulated them and Mourinho and praised them as the best. When we got back to title winning ways Mourinho was quick to return the compliments.

It's just a shame that Benitez can't do the same, show a little class and admit that we've been the best team in England this season. I guess it's just too much to ask for a bit of humility from him. There's a great mutual respect between managers like Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho. Benitez can never be the bigger man and admit that he was beaten by a better team and a better manager and that's precisely why he'll never be respected among the media, rival fans and rival managers.

Just thought I'd mention it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When Chelsea won the league Fergie congratulated them and Mourinho and praised them as the best. When we got back to title winning ways Mourinho was quick to return the compliments.

It's just a shame that Benitez can't do the same, show a little class and admit that we've been the best team in England this season. I guess it's just too much to ask for a bit of humility from him. There's a great mutual respect between managers like Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho. Benitez can never be the bigger man and admit that he was beaten by a better team and a better manager and that's precisely why he'll never be respected among the media, rival fans and rival managers.

I know you can't help yourself.

By the way I think he should just say it straight out, rather than put qualifications on it.

·
23,699 Posts
Didn't expect a Liverpool fan to start a thread of this nature. So thank you again.

Despite the gap and the little games left, I am a little surprised that Liverpool are still winning the games and strenously believing that they can still catch us. Such will and spirit will auger well for next season when everybody starts from the same block again.

I would expect a closer tussle for the 19th that none of us wanst the other party to win. And I certainly don't wish Tevez to be playing alongside Torres week in week out. It would be really some force to be reckoned with.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
fair play occy . scan through a few matchday threads and you will see a lot of us were really worried that the pool could have won it this year . look at the reaction in the villa game thread until macheda scored:cool:;)

·
Banned
179 Posts
As a Liverpool fan, it pains me to say it, but congratulations. United were clearly the better team over the course of the season and fully deserve number 18. The league was realistically over a long time ago but I'm glad you were pushed as far as possible.

Although you have a lot of class players, I think it's the squad players that deserve a lot of the credit. Strength in depth is what kept you strong over the season, whereas Liverpool dropped points with key players missing.

Hopefully next season we can put up a better fight.

Congrats again, and feel free to merge this into wherever.
respeck

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Fair play Occy. :thumbsup:

Your manager is still a prick though.
Again he was interviewed by Geoff Shreeves and he was asked:

' Were Man United the better team? '

' Well they got more points '

Why can't he give credit where it's due.
He goes on about how much money we have spent again, when he doesn't realise he's spent more - Clown.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
cheers mate, would have expected many of your lot to steer well clear of the site, but fair play for giving the credit where it's due.
you surprised a lot of people, myself included. didn't really expect you to be in the fight as much as you were and certainly thought that the length of time since winning it/seriously challenging would cause you to drop come march/april, but you were there pretty much until the end.
won't get into the fact that i dislike your manager or captain, but you've got the makings of a good side, and probably need to pad the squad out a bit more and will be there or thereabouts for the race to 19.

·
23,699 Posts

It turned out prophetic.... with quotes from goal.com. :cool:

Rafa Benitez Declines To Congratulate Ferguson For Manchester United's Title Success - Goal.com

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
nice one occy you should give rafa a few lessons on losing gracefully.
as much as all non united fans hate fergie , he has always come out and congratulated the winners unlike wenger who was very unsporting when the gooners won it.
I guess it shows the shift in power between liverpool and arsenal , wenger is now friendly and rafa is the enemy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.