Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done to Manchester United and it's legions of fans, on yet another well deserved Premier League title success, I was at WHL today and the Spurs fans went mad as the score Wigan 0 Manchester United 1 flashed up on our giant screens, the reaction was just the same as news of a second goal for Manchester United was shown to us.

The funniest part of the day was when the scousers were fed dud information that Emile Heskey had scored for Wigan, the Liverpool fans went absolutely mad with joy, and were singing his name for ages, but were then stunned into silence as the real score was displayed on our screens. :D

I know that most of you lot will hate him, but I must say fair play to Stevie Gerrard today, in the first half he went to take a corner at the Paxton/Shelf side of the ground and he was roundly applauded by the Spurs fans as he ran over to take it, after the game Spurs did their end of season lap of honour, and suddenly Stevie Gerrard was right in the middle of the Spurs crowd where he was earlier applauded, signing autographs and having his picture taken etc with the Spurs fans.

I must admit, I thought it was a great gesture from him to do that he made a lot of youngsters happy, he obviously appreciated the reaction he got from the Spurs fans earlier on in the game, if only more players were like that these days, I was outside with my Two boys after the game, and many of the Spurs players wouldn't sign even One autograph, they just shot straight off surrounded by security to their cars etc.

Well done once again, and I hope you go on to clinch the Champions League in Moscow, and complete a fantastic double. :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
thats a great post mate, i'd agree there about modern day football fans, one of my mates saw robbie keane earlier in the season after a spurs home, he approached keane and simply asked for a photo with him (as he's a spurs season ticket holder) keane turned to him and told him to bog off and walked off :| modern day footballers dont have enough respect for the followers of the clubs. the lads today though at wigan did us proud, the south americans know how to celebrate tevez and anderson were brilliant after the game i have to say :D great day and great post

·
Registered
309 Posts
EssexYid said:
Well done to Manchester United and it's legions of fans, on yet another well deserved Premier League title success, I was at WHL today and the Spurs fans went mad as the score Wigan 0 Manchester United 1 flashed up on our giant screens, the reaction was just the same as news of a second goal for Manchester United was shown to us.

The funniest part of the day was when the scousers were fed dud information that Emile Heskey had scored for Wigan, the Liverpool fans went absolutely mad with joy, and were singing his name for ages, but were then stunned into silence as the real score was displayed on our screens. :D

I know that most of you lot will hate him, but I must say fair play to Stevie Gerrard today, in the first half he went to take a corner at the Paxton/Shelf side of the ground and he was roundly applauded by the Spurs fans as he ran over to take it, after the game Spurs did their end of season lap of honour, and suddenly Stevie Gerrard was right in the middle of the Spurs crowd where he was earlier applauded, signing autographs and having his picture taken etc with the Spurs fans.

I must admit, I thought it was a great gesture from him to do that he made a lot of youngsters happy, he obviously appreciated the reaction he got from the Spurs fans earlier on in the game, if only more players were like that these days, I was outside with my Two boys after the game, and many of the Spurs players wouldn't sign even One autograph, they just shot straight off surrounded by security to their cars etc.

Well done once again, and I hope you go on to clinch the Champions League in Moscow, and complete a fantastic double. :)
excellent post mate and I like that anecdote about how liverpool fans reacted. shows how begrudging they are that they preferred a vastly inferior football team like Chelsea win the league than us. they really are bitter and perhaps they know in their heart of hearts we will knock them off their peak. in the near future.

AS for keane as an Irishman I cannot defend him and am not the least bit surprised after the way he has carried on playing for ireland ie as a self important premadonna.I cannot believe trapatonni still has him as our captain. Somenoe like Giggs he could learn from in how to conduct yourself both on and off the pitch.BTW gerard i think falls into the big time charlie category too and the mere fact he kisses the Liverpool badge on his chest then puts in a transfer request sums him up. Certainly his gesture today surprised me but forgive me for being cynical its easy to do same when youve just won an end of season game.

thanks though for the congrads and for the four points you took off Chelsa this season;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
EssexYid said:

Thanks mate , the best compliment I can give Spurs is that at times I think they have played better football than United. Maybe not always as effective but some great stuff nevertheless. Spurs are one club I wouldn't mind seeing as Champions one day , they have the same attacking philosophy as United. Also can you imagine a United forward line with Berbatov in there? He's awesome , him and Ronaldo in the same team?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Nice post, thanks Yid. I realise we did one on your bitter enemies but thanks all the same. You have a good team down there, and a good manager; its about time you started pushing Arsenal & *cough* them others.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
EssexYid said:

The funniest part of the day was when the scousers were fed dud information that Emile Heskey had scored for Wigan, the Liverpool fans went absolutely mad with joy, and were singing his name for ages, but were then stunned into silence as the real score was displayed on our screens.
:D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
EssexYid said:
Lol. That's hilarious!

Thanks for the thread. I hope you push Arsenal...or Liverpool...out of the big 4 next season :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice one mate, reckon your lot will be a threat for the CL next season. Ramos after a full pre season with the team should know his side even better and then there's obviously gonna be some more new arrivals, Modric was an excellent start. ;)

·
23,699 Posts
Appreciate your very nice and generous compliments, mate. May Spurs be the new London powerhouse under a very good manager indeed. ;)

How we wish we have more rival fans like you too, although the rival fans in this forum are so far pretty decent and nice chappies. :) [Not that if they are nasty, they will last here.:rolleyes: :D]

Keep posting, especially in the Football Banter, a neutral ground for good debates and discussions.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
My, we are being filled by great gestures by other clubs supporters!

First a Man City supporter wishes us well, and now a Spurs fan!

Wow!

Anyway, thanks for that. I suppose you can tell who the fans are who are football fans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts