Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giggs Wins PFA Player of the Year Award | Manchester United Blog - Man Utd Talk

I know there's already a thread on the PFA awards but Giggs deserves one of his own.

Anyone who wants to say Vidic deserved it more can do so in the other thread, this thread is for people who want to congratulate Giggsy :cool:

Hasn't played as much as in previous seasons, but still managed to get an amazing 19 assists! he's been a massive player for us when called upon and has been a legend for the best part of two decades.

Well played Ryan!!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Well done Ryan. Fully deserved over his whole career.
It would've been a real shame if he was to hang his boots up without ever winning this award.
Top professional and a great role model for any young player growing up.
Living Legend.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Well done Ryan. Deserves it for his career and professionalism, rather than being above everyone else on performance throughout a season. My vote would have gone to Vidic but I'm delighted for Giggs

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Congrats Giggsy. He totally deserves it. But seriously, what does a Welsh Footballing legend who is the most decorated footballer in English history gotta do to get a knighthood?

Edit:
Also, how the hell has he NEVER won this before? I find that very very strange....

·
23,699 Posts
Has proven critics wrong (including moi) especially with his recent performances. Vintage stuff. :eek: :thumbsup:

More admirable though is his one-club career with United. A perfect role model for the younger professionals. :first:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got to agree with TheManc about the knighthood.

When Chris Hoy gets one for 3 gold medals, then surely, after what Giggs has won and achieved, he is equally if not more deserving.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm happy he's won it. Over the course of his career, he's deserved it, and it's a travesty he hasn't won it already.

However, he was not the best performer this season. Should be Vidic.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts