Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Newcastle united fan I would like to thank all your away supporters for their response to the announcement yesterday, that there was a statue dedicated to Bobby Robson, you did yourselves proud. So did your team but I am trying to forget about that.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Agreed, Sir Bobby is loved in the game, if your English, Irish or from anywhere.
A true gent and a legend in his own right. He deserves this tribute.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to hear somebody pointing out the good side of football instead of the bad, thanks for posting mate.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Great man and a fantastic character. I had the honour of meetng Sir Bobby and
he is a really down to earth guy. He gave the Irish assistant manager role a lash
and unfortunatly events meant he had to give up his post although, I'm sure all
Irish will be filled with respect for him.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Imo, Sir Bobby Robson was the 2nd greatest international manager this country has ever had (after Sir Alf Ramsey). He was a credit to Newcastle when he was your manager and there are not many people who are more knowledgable and respected in the game.

·
Registered
14 Posts
one of the best managers of our time, knows his football glad they have a tributue to him he deserves it, thanks for posting
sorry about saturday by the way :p

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I know a story, a true story, about a certain striker who was at Newcastle and Sir Bobby - a striker who had him ( Sir B) hounded out because said manager dropped said striker. The striker in question is most definitely NOT a nice person.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts