Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Manchester United are in danger of falling victim to the curse of the shirt sponsor.

United's principal sponsor AIG has run into serious financial difficulty, just days after XL, the name on West Ham's shirts, went bust.

The New York based insurance group is suffering mightily, and the Red Devils might be the next team with a blank kit.

It has not been a great week for the Old Trafford club. The Red Devils lost 2-1 at Anfield on Saturday and Manchester rivals City appear to have landed a huge windfall with the imminent takeover of the Eastlands club by Arab trillionaires.

Insurer American International Group Inc has made an unprecedented approach to the Federal Reserve seeking £22billion in short-term financing, the New York Times reported overnight.

The move is widely seen as a desperate measure to stave off the threat of liquidation.

Manchester United's four-year £56.5million agreement with AIG is the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in English football.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Hey guess what? Been a thread on this for a while now. Not to mention, AIG was the benefactor of a massive government bail-out.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red is the colour of my favourite football team, I've been posting in red since I joined a year and a half ago, if you cannot stand it, I suggest living with it or don't bother visiting the site.

S

·
0 Posts
Try having a quick look before you post threads GM.

Also AIG got bailed out days ago so your original post is well out of date.

Plus you are in no position to tell members "don't bother visiting the site.".

Thread closed.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
Red is the colour of my favourite football team, I've been posting in red since I joined a year and a half ago, if you cannot stand it, I suggest living with it or don't bother visiting the site.
I suggest you not put words in my mouth (or is it hands...fingertips maybe?).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.