Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking Fergie has a big dilema and his name is Johnny Evans !

Does he drop him back to the bench he more than likely will but I was wondering what people think to this Idea.

--------------------------------------- VDS-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------ Evans---------------- Rio---------------------- Vidic-----------------------------

- Rafael-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Evra--------

---------------------------- Carrick ------------- Scholes ------------------------------------------

---------<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-----------------

------------------------- Rooney------------------ Berbatov---------------------------------------

This formation would allow fergie a solid back line allow Rafael and Evra to bomb forward and give Ronaldo the Creative freedom that he wished for.

What do you think of my formation?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would like to see that formation but cant see it happening. Fergie has always liked alot of width, maybe when fergie leaves it would be possible. Its good for us that evans has done so well. The more competition for places will make the players improve

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nope, I don't think Ferguson will go with this formation. The formation is quite good actually but I don't think this is the formation that suits the kind of play Ferguson likes. All in all the formation is good and might be worth trying but I'll stick with our most trusted 4-4-2.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
red dave said:
--------------------------------------- VDS-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------ Evans---------------- Rio---------------------- Vidic-----------------------------

- Rafael-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Evra--------

---------------------------- Carrick ------------- Scholes ------------------------------------------

------------------------- Rooney------------------ Berbatov---------------------------------------
It looks pretty sexy Dave, looks great on paper and i wouldn't mind testing it out.
I can see Evra and Rafa bombing up the wings and Rio/Vidic/Evans would be a force at the back. Not to mention Ronaldo's free role up top, i can't think of any team that has used this formation.
It looks genius on paper but that's not always the case, i'd be up for giving it a try just on the curiosity side of things, but we are top of the league so why change, and i doubt Fergie would play this!

Nice idea mate, very nice!!!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
red dave said:

Does he drop him back to the bench he more than likely will but I was wondering what people think to this Idea.

This formation would allow fergie a solid back line allow Rafael and Evra to bomb forward and give Ronaldo the Creative freedom that he wished for.

It's original. I'll give you that. I had never thought of that before. At first it looked a bit gammy but after looking at it for a while I see where you are comoing from. And tbh, I think this formation has huge potential.

I think Rafa and Evra would really get at a number of defenses with their trickery and neat dribbling skills. It would also be great to see Jonny in the first XI,alongside Vidic Ferdinand.

It would also be a way of sorting out our winger problem. Having Ronaldo operating ''the free role'', something which he does already would be great for the team and countless chances would fall Berba and Rooneys way with the likes of Evra and Rafael whipping in crosses and Ronaldo,Carrick and Scholesy's passes would also be a great advantage like.

The only problem I see with it is the fact that we wouldn't be able to play the formation week in week out. For instance if either Jonny, Vida, Rio got injured we would have no one to replace them. But if everyone was fit it would be a great surprise for the opposition.

So, I would say, Ya definitely give it a try.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I could of been a football manager Ive done my coaching badges lol!!

I taught 6 year olds lol!!

I think its a good formation but like a lot said why change what is working already .

I think this could be really effective in Europe against the likes of Barcelona or Madrid.

I have a few more good formations but its really difficult to put the role's of the player where he moves and the direction you want him to take during the game on here.

This one is my pride and joy though because Evra and Rafael have potential to be the best combination in the world .

Imagine the possesion we could dominate with this and if we were under a bit of pressure you have a solid line of five Ronaldo drops into the left or right and you have a tight 3 across the middle .

I often think up things like this .

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah I could of been a football manager Ive done my coaching badges lol!!

I taught 6 year olds lol!!

I think its a good formation but like a lot said why change what is working already .

I think this could be really effective in Europe against the likes of Barcelona or Madrid.

I have a few more good formations but its really difficult to put the role's of the player where he moves and the direction you want him to take during the game on here.

This one is my pride and joy though because Evra and Rafael have potential to be the best combination in the world .

Imagine the possesion we could dominate with this and if we were under a bit of pressure you have a solid line of five Ronaldo drops into the left or right and you have a tight 3 across the middle .

I often think up things like this .
Ya same here. I also like the idea of playing the 4-2-3-1. With Berba as the lone striker and Ronaldo,Rooney and Tevez playing behind.

Also definitely agree with the part about Rafael , will be world class.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
It could v well be a plan B, but unlikely to be used that often, I think Ronaldo should always play on the wing, so you could swap him with Rafael and allow him more freedom than Evra, play Rooney in the hole behind Tevez and Berba... quick ring Fergie, you've found a way to fit every1 in!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Ya same here. I also like the idea of playing the 4-2-3-1. With Berba as the lone striker and Ronaldo,Rooney and Tevez playing behind.

Thats my favourite formation too! we have the players to do it, we should unleash it on teams more often! remember roma 7-1!!!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
red dave said:

I think it would actually be more defesnvie than we already are, carrick naturally stays deep, so you would have 4 players bacl at all times, then if when defending evra and rafael drop back into the back four, Rooney and Ronaldo would drop into midfield and it essentially becomes a 5-4-1

I like the orginality though

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Berbatov08 said:

That would work similar to how Roma played in the past with Totti linking everything up at the front and they played some nice football with it.

Could be worth a try

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
OK..... I ws going to make fun of this thread, but why the hell not and I'll tell you who I'd play on the righ.

Forget Rafael. Play a fit owen Hargreaves!!!!!

Hell Yeah!

Hargreaves id really well at right back and at right wing when he played against Newcastle and Chelsea in the CL final, so he'd be perfect.

And partner Ronaldo with berbatov. Rooney behind them

Berbatov - - - - Ronaldo

Rooney

Carrick - - - - - - Anderson

Evra - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hargreaves

Vidic - Ferdinand - Evans

VDS

Having said that - Haggler always plays with 3 at the back
:D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedForceRising said:
OK..... I ws going to make fun of this thread, but why the hell not and I'll tell you who I'd play on the righ.

Forget Rafael. Play a fit owen Hargreaves!!!!!

Hell Yeah!

Hargreaves id really well at right back and at right wing when he played against Newcastle and Chelsea in the CL final, so he'd be perfect.

And partner Ronaldo with berbatov. Rooney behind them

Berbatov - - - - Ronaldo

Rooney

Carrick - - - - - - Anderson

Evra - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hargreaves

Vidic - Ferdinand - Evans

VDS

Having said that - Haggler always plays with 3 at the back
:D[/QU

Why would you have poked fun at it ?

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
3-5-2 then..its what brazil play isnt it?
Not a bad tactic at all....UTD could defo pull it off i would love to see it tested out.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sean2689 said:
3-5-2 then..its what brazil play isnt it?
Not a bad tactic at all....UTD could defo pull it off i would love to see it tested out.

And if it works for Brazil it could work for us.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It could work with Evra and Rafael as wing-backs. Fergie has played Evra left-wing on occasion and I've noticed a lot of people on here mentioning that Rafael would make a good right-winger.

The only problem is the formation means Ronaldo would have to play up front or on the right of a central midfield 3.

I'd certainly like to see us try the following in a pre-season friendly next summer...

Rooney Berbatov
Carrick Scholes Hargreaves
Evra Evans Vidic Rio Rafael
Foster

1 - 20 of 23 Posts