Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not a fan of Rotation and if a club is going to rotate they have to make sure they have players who can come in and do a good job .

For me United havent got the correct blend to rotate at the moment . Other than central midfield no other position looks as stable without its usual position holder in it .

Add to that I think its affecting the likes of Ronaldo and Rooneys performences they never seem to have the same plays around them in any given game .

Giggs , O'Shea , Neville and Nani have at times looked well off match sharpness to me this season and to put them into the hustle and bustle of the premiership is suicide . No team in the premier league is a given win anymore so a real strong team is always needed so in my view there are one or two players in the squad either too old or simply not United standered players .

What do you think ?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Yes, rotating players effect teams, but at a club like United players are expected to handle it and the team is still managing to play with different teams and still grin out results.

Interesting fact from last season is that Sir Alex changed his starting line-up more often that any other manager including Rafa Benitez - and we still won the league and CL double.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I see your point but if anything, Sir Alex is the master of rotations. Furthermore in clubs like united where we have quality players every time trying to get ahead of each other, rotations will only help them in terms of placing.

The squad isn't build up to be around Ronaldo or even Rooney sadly,using it as an excuse for them not to be on form is kind of lame i think cause they are class players that should be able to play with whoever there is assigned to them what more with the duration they spend being with the club. If it is Berbatov, then i could understand cause he is mainly new and that the rest of the players need to adapt to his style as well. Also rotation shows how much depth we have in the squad, whats the use of having the depth if we are not willing to use it? :eek:

The key players here is so far Edwin, Rio, Vida, Evra, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney. The rest are more likely to be rotated then not, these players are Rafael, Brown, Gary, Evans, Oshea, Park, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, Gibson, Tevez, Berbatov, Welbeck...now, now...not easy to stick on the same player everytime now does it? :p

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
This is a perennial question that keeps resurfacing and the answer should be No. They all play the same system whatever the team on a matchday; the so called "first team squad" should be used to every other member of the squad. Its Fergie who calls the changes, not the players.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I have been highly critical of fergies team selections of park and fletcher recently or more so andersons lack of football and nani to some extent but i think he got it right today. We got the three points and it was a tough match coming back from japan and the senior players were there for us to get us three points and some of the other players got a rest too.

Not the biggest fan of rotation because at times it can effect the team but i hope fergie just does it with thought rather than doing it for the sake of doing it!

I have faith! :cool:

pz!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red Devil said:
This is a perennial question that keeps resurfacing and the answer should be No. They all play the same system whatever the team on a matchday; the so called "first team squad" should be used to every other member of the squad. Its Fergie who calls the changes, not the players.

Fair point RD good point

·
Registered
605 Posts
nani hasnt been good this season...but i hope he gets the needed no of games to get back his form...its needed now
i dont have any probs abot the selection of fletcher here.........he has been pretty good and anderson has been good in last few games ......his finishing has been poor though

the left wing is a problem,nani,park and giggs arent that great at the moment
and with people saying that tosic is nothing more than average and also that the deal has come to a halt(atleast looks like its at a halt) its a bit worrying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts