Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 120 of 195 Posts

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Could of been worse for the English, if we beat Italy I am confident, Pirlo will be a year older still quality though, cant give away any dangerous set pieces. Insigne and Balo will be tricky. Balo to miss a penalty.

Get Scholes out of retirement, battle of the best 2 passers in recent years ;)

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
Italy aren't anything special? Finalists at the Euro's last year. Beat Germany EASILY.
Then they got tore a new asshole in the final. Couldn't beat England either in spite of having about 80% of the ball. Anyway, Germany were tired by that point. Most decent sides can get a result on their day. They don't worry me too much. . . Go and concern yourself with who Denmark got in the draw instead. Who did they get anyway? :LOL:

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
Ghana are no pushovers. Neither are the US but the diff is the US have no Firepower whatsoever. Germany are obvious favorites in that group.

·
The Great Dane
6,422 Posts
Then they got tore a new asshole in the final. Couldn't beat England either in spite of having about 80% of the ball. Anyway, Germany were tired by that point. Most decent sides can get a result on their day. They don't worry me too much. . . Go and concern yourself with who Denmark got in the draw instead. Who did they get anyway? :LOL:
Funny guy, funny guy ;)

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Ok, a little bit of analysis now.
Let's assume that the expected results occur, and that the following sides qualify:

Group A: Brazil and Croatia
Group B: Spain and the Netherlands
Group C: Colombia and Greece
Group D: Uruguai and England
Group E: France and who cares
Group F: Argentina and Nigeria
Group G: Germany and Portugal
Group H: Russia and Belgium

This will make for the following RO16 matches:

Brazil-Netherlands
Colombia-England

France-Nigeria
Germany-Belgium

Spain-Croatia
Uruguai-Greece

Argentina-who cares
Russia-Portugal

So, despite the unbalance, we're likely to see decent matches starting at the RO16, and pretty tough games for the quarter finals.

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Spain are 7/1 by the way, I know they've not been their best recently, but 7/1 is massive for current World and European champions, Negredo on form right now and have Diego Costa to play for them. Argentina could go far, with Aguero and Messi, they just need a better midfield and defence because they arguably have the best attackers in the world.

·
Never argue with an idiot
2,463 Posts
Sweaty bollocks in first game. Balotelli will get Hart sent off, wink and score the winning goal. Next game Suarez will roll around for at least 10 minutes, get the center half (whoever that is) sent off, wink and score from the spot. Third game Woy will try the youngsters, win 6-0, wink, come home and be fired. The papers will blame Rooney and any other United players whether they were involved or not and they will be roundly booed every time they take the field in the premier league which we will win. :hungover

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Japan can get through Group C if we bring our A game. It's a tough group in a way, because there isn't that one team that will crush the other two for us. Colombia I suppose is the likeliest of the four. Still, one of the tamer groups, though I think Korea got luckier. It's a disappointing group as a football lover. Would have liked to take on a top team in the group stages.

If Japan get through the group it's likely we face England or Italy?

·
We'll Never Die.
1,724 Posts
I actually think England will qualify from that group.
That first game between them and Italy is crucial. I can see England beating them though
Uruguay will top the group.

·
The Great Dane
6,422 Posts
I actually think England will qualify from that group.
That first game between them and Italy is crucial. I can see England beating them though
Uruguay will top the group.
Uruguay will not top that group. I can easily see them being 3rd.

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
The Uruguay v Italy match being last may play in England's favour. Someone will drop points. As long as England can beat Costa Rica..To be honest, you can plan all you want England always disappoint somehow.

101 - 120 of 195 Posts