Manchester United Talk banner
121 - 140 of 195 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Fuck Ghana. Seriously, I can't stand those fuckers. I can't wait for 90 minutes of Africans getting stretchered off every time they need to slow the game down. Fucking classless assholes.

Also if you're from Germany or Portugal I don't like you either.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
That's England out in the group stages. Nice.
Home before the postcards.

If I may paraphrase the great Murray Walker "If England's hopes were non existent, they're practically zero now" Still maybe now for once we'll get a world cup with out the usual reminiscing of 66, the fossils being wheeled out and the papers trying to convince everyone we'll win.

As for the winners? Brazil or Argentina. Of course the world awaits to see who has the better tournament out of Messi and Ronaldo, but Argentina are a class side.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
f**k Ghana. Seriously, I can't stand those fuckers. I can't wait for 90 minutes of Africans getting stretchered off every time they need to slow the game down. Fucking classless assholes.

I think USA can beat Ghana this time, mate.

·
Registered
938 Posts
f**k Ghana. Seriously, I can't stand those fuckers. I can't wait for 90 minutes of Africans getting stretchered off every time they need to slow the game down. Fucking classless assholes.

Classic hillbilly

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
Home before the postcards. :ROFL:

You know your going to see the last Geoff Hurst goal over and over. If there is a positive thing, the last 16 draw is kind if (a big if) England can scrape through and the first match is Sunday morning. That's about it really. Sad.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have intelligent football views. Take advantage.. Arsenal will win TPL and Spain will win the World Cup - put a fiver on that for a double - quids in

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think USA can beat Ghana this time, mate.
I think we could have beaten them both times. In 2010 wasted over 17 minutes off the clock in the last match on stretchers, getting magic sprayed, etc. In 06 the penalty was a blatant dive, but we played like shit in all fairness.

Classic hillbilly
Yeah, your typical hillbilly posts on a Manchester United forum. Turn around, exit thread left.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Simulate it http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage

I think we could have beaten them both times. In 2010 wasted over 17 minutes off the clock in the last match on stretchers, getting magic sprayed, etc. In 06 the penalty was a blatant dive, but we played like shit in all fairness.

Yeah, your typical hillbilly posts on a Manchester United forum. Turn around, exit thread left.
Well, third time's a charm. The thing about African teams is, their organization and management is so poor that they haven't been gradually getting stronger like the USA, Japan, Belgium etc have. Their success rides heavily on the talent of the generation, and I don't think Ghana have a particularly strong team atm. Essien, KP Boateng, Asamoah, they've got some good regulars in midfield, but no world class defenders or strikers.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
I love it when fans pretend Italy are any good. They are actually the team I wanted most.

7 points in the bag. Costa Rica obviously shite. Suarez will be imprisoned by June. I don't know what all this is about playing in a jungle. No problem anyway.

Very confident.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Simulate it http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage

Well, third time's a charm. The thing about African teams is, their organization and management is so poor that they haven't been gradually getting stronger like the USA, Japan, Belgium etc have. Their success rides heavily on the talent of the generation, and I don't think Ghana have a particularly strong team atm. Essien, KP Boateng, Asamoah, they've got some good regulars in midfield, but no world class defenders or strikers.
Plus it'll be the last tournament for a lot of our boys, Donovan, Dempsey, included, and they'll be on pins and needles to get back at them. I am so excited for this tournament.

I love it when fans pretend Italy are any good. They are actually the team I wanted most.

7 points in the bag. Costa Rica obviously shite. Suarez will be imprisoned by June. I don't know what all this is about playing in a jungle. No problem anyway.

Very confident.
Italy shows up at tournaments, England doesn't.

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
Plus it'll be the last tournament for a lot of our boys, Donovan, Dempsey, included, and they'll be on pins and needles to get back at them. I am so excited for this tournament.

Absolutely.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Italy or USA. Pick one, you don't get to choose both.
When the USA plays Italy I hope the USA wins 8,000,000-0. My post directed at you is just the truth, and not at all coming from a point of support. Look at the last Euros, Italy was supposed to have fielded their weakest side in years. They just show up, they always do, and I love love love watching the rest of the world meltdown every time those handsome bastards have another deep run.

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
When the USA plays Italy I hope the USA wins 8,000,000-0. My post directed at you is just the truth, and not at all coming from a point of support. Look at the last Euros, Italy was supposed to have fielded their weakest side in years. They just show up, they always do, and I love love love watching the rest of the world meltdown every time those handsome bastards have another deep run.
It's all in the preparation. Mental preparation. Italy fear no other nation. They play their game unlike England who always seem to try and nullify opponent without playing to their own strengths.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
Always turn up, apart from when they finished below New Zealand of course.

Not worried unless between now and next year the game-raising f**ks get embroiled in another match fixing scandal.

·
Your arms are just too short to box with God
30,115 Posts
The Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA group is the obvious "Group of Death".

England will get through, just a feeling.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

True that. Be the last World Cup for Bocanegra too no doubt. Hard to imagine team USA without those three. Onyewu's played two WC's too hasn't he?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Always turn up, apart from when they finished below New Zealand of course.

Not worried unless between now and next year the game-raising f**ks get embroiled in another match fixing scandal.
You're right. One time finishing poorly in the World Cup means they don't always show up. So what does it mean that England didn't even qualify for the Euros two years before that?

True that. Be the last World Cup for Bocanegra too no doubt. Hard to imagine team USA without those three. Onyewu's played two WC's too hasn't he?
Yeah, this would be Gooch's third. I just wish Rossi and Hangeland and/or Subotic played for the US though. Or if Jozy Altidore could finish like Rossi that'd be cool too.

121 - 140 of 195 Posts