Manchester United Talk banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
You're right. One time finishing poorly in the World Cup means they don't always show up. So what does it mean that England didn't even qualify for the Euros two years before that?
I'm not claiming they always show up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Whether England perform well or not in the recent past they have been a difficult team to beat under any circumstances.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'm not claiming they always show up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Whether England perform well or not in the recent past they have been a difficult team to beat under any circumstances.
Yeah they've been difficult to beat. Except in knockout rounds.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
f**k Ghana. Seriously, I can't stand those fuckers. I can't wait for 90 minutes of Africans getting stretchered off every time they need to slow the game down. Fucking classless assholes.

Also if you're from Germany or Portugal I don't like you either.
Pfft. You're a yank! If it isn't deep fried, you don't like it. ;)

It's gonna look a lot like 2002 come this July, bud. Or June. Whichever it is.
Well, I know of a certain player with a lucky number on his jersey that disagrees with you.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Pfft. You're a yank! If it isn't deep fried, you don't like it. ;)

Well, I know of a certain player with a lucky number on his jersey that disagrees with you.
I ate deep fried oreos once, I could feel the freedom as my arteries hardened. Good old American sticktoitiveness will solve Mr. Dos Santos Aveiro. Graft. Truculance, etc.

·
We'll Never Die.
1,724 Posts
Uruguay will not top that group. I can easily see them being 3rd.
As a team overall, they're not the strongest.
But when you have 2 World Class forwards in Suarez and Cavani, at your disposal, you're in with a great shout for winning games. Also, they'll be well used of the heat, humidity and conditions in general for South America. They'll do well, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Chile and Netherlands were probably the worst possible rivals for Spain.
I always cheer for Netherlands in World Cups,... And if Spain plays like they know, I want them to win too... But Chile is extremely intense, and really dangerous in this kind of tournaments, so I think one of Spain or Netherlands can probably be out at the group stage. I hope both get through, but I really doubt it. It all depends on how well Spain plays come June.

Del Bosque only said one thing before the draw, he didn't say in which cities he wanted to play or who he wanted to face, he said he would like to avoid Chile. And they got Chile.

It's a really really difficult group to go through in my opinion, one of the most, with Englands one. And it also has the inconvenience of playing Brazil in 1/8 if you finish second in the group. Hope Netherlands goes through first, Spain second. And then Spain destroys Brazil, ahahaha. Difficult, though.

How do you see the group and Australias options @Parksey10 ? To be honest it's one of the National Teams I know less about in the whole competition.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
My prediction is:

Group A: Brazil and Mexico.
Group B: Spain and Chile.
Group C: Colombia and Japan.
Group D: Uruguay and England.
Group E: France and Ecuador.
Group F: Argentina and Bosnia.
Group G: Germany and Portugal.
Group H: Rusia and Belgica.

The first one is the team I think is going to finish first, and the second one, second.

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
Chile and Netherlands were probably the worst possible rivals for Spain.
I always cheer for Netherlands in World Cups,... And if Spain plays like they know, I want them to win too... But Chile is extremely intense, and really dangerous in this kind of tournaments, so I think one of Spain or Netherlands can probably be out at the group stage. I hope both get through, but I really doubt it. It all depends on how well Spain plays come June.

Del Bosque only said one thing before the draw, he didn't say in which cities he wanted to play or who he wanted to face, he said he would like to avoid Chile. And they got Chile.

It's a really really difficult group to go through in my opinion, one of the most, with Englands one. And it also has the inconvenience of playing Brazil in 1/8 if you finish second in the group. Hope Netherlands goes through first, Spain second. And then Spain destroys Brazil, ahahaha. Difficult, though.

How do you see the group and Australias options @Parksey10 ? To be honest it's one of the National Teams I know less about in the whole competition.
At this stage you don't have to worry about us. This is the worst draw possible for Australia. We are going through a transitional period of blooding young players and we've just appointed a news coach. We might play some nice football by the time the cup starts but if we win a game I'll be very surprised.

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
I'm still backing Germany to win it though I think Brazil will run them very close.

Neymar to get the Golden Boot is 14/1. That's worth a few quid for sure.

141 - 160 of 195 Posts