Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel all too often when i read this place after a poor game that everyone's so quick to rip seven shades of the brown stuff out of lot,but no-one ever seems to mention the other side of the coin.We were poor tonight but Aalborg in my eyes deserve a huge amount of credit for their Champs League campaign,they put 5 past Villar-Real,2 past us AT HOME,and yes you can argue we had a weakend side out,but all excuses aside,the boys from Aalborg did well.Im not saying we should praise everyone all the time who plays well against us,just sometimes,the opponents fair up better than we anticipated and therefore we get punished.We knew we hadn't definatley got top spot and we knew that the boys from Aalborg may NEVER play at Old trafford again and will have wanted to give their fans something to take home without getting rolled over.Now if we had took our 2 other early chances it could have been 3-0 inside ten minutes,but WE DIDNT and this gave them the chance to have a run around with the ball.Anyhow rant over,and again every credit to Aalborg.

S

·
0 Posts
You can't post that RT, don't you know there is a credit crunch on ? :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
They certainly deserve credit for the second goal, the first one looked to be a total fluke. This is the common theme this year however. Up early, and letting folk back in it. Cheers to Aalborg though, they took their chances.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
moondog said:
Good point, but we did a very good job of letting them up off the mat after the first goal....
Oh yeh mate,theres no denying we helped them along its just that fact that its always one way bad traffic towards us when there is a certain amount of respect due to the opposition for their efforts.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
biggest abuse goes to the fans who predicted 6-0 drubbing of Aalborg. We aint playing anywhere close to thrashing any team so talk of 6-0's is just disrespecting to our opposition.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
after reading the heading of this thread I thought it was going to be about the credit crunch and unpaid mortgages etc!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
antdevil78 said:
biggest abuse goes to the fans who predicted 6-0 drubbing of Aalborg. We aint playing anywhere close to thrashing any team so talk of 6-0's is just disrespecting to our opposition.

who predicted 6 goals against aalborg ? your taking my comment utd will score 6 shortly and making a major twist , because i said ronaldo will have to be playing to achieve the feat and i could not see him playing against aalborg.:confused:
utd only need to play good for 90 minutes to thrash a team and over the last 3 weeks we have shown more flair in our play and after the spurs game i reckon the goals will start to flow . our biggest problem is that ronaldo is our only clinical finisher the rest are hot and cold , but i won't be suprised if utd hit 6 in the next month and i won't get carried away either because i know their capeable of it in any game.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Aalborg are a much improved side after the sacking of Rioch. They have been on a good run recently and you could tell they had the confidence that only winning matches can bring.

A lot of teams fold at Old Trafford after going a goal down, especially so early in, so fair play to them. They did well to come back and deserved a draw in the end.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Whether we let them into the game or not, they deserve credit.

After conceding a goal after 2 minutes against us, at Old Trafford as well, they could have crumbled and ended up being on the end of a massive Utd win, as many better sides will do. But they didn't, and they played well.

As well as this, they did finish in a UEFA Cup position in a group many thought they would have no chance in.

I actually feel sorry for their caretaker manager tbh. They've been on an 11-game unbeaten run under him, as well as him leading them to a UEFA Cup spot but he still didn't get the job! :eek:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
piazza said:
They certainly deserve credit for the second goal, the first one looked to be a total fluke. This is the common theme this year however. Up early, and letting folk back in it. Cheers to Aalborg though, they took their chances.
Do they say that in America or did you just pick it up on here?
Ye fair play to Aalborg they did a good job, refreshing to see a team come to Old Trafford and have a go rather than get 11 men behind the ball.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
manutd004 said:
Whether we let them into the game or not, they deserve credit.

After conceding a goal after 2 minutes against us, at Old Trafford as well, they could have crumbled and ended up being on the end of a massive Utd win, as many better sides will do. But they didn't, and they played well.

As well as this, they did finish in a UEFA Cup position in a group many thought they would have no chance in.

I actually feel sorry for their caretaker manager tbh. They've been on an 11-game unbeaten run under him, as well as him leading them to a UEFA Cup spot but he still didn't get the job! :eek:
Was 12 after yesterdays:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts