Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cristiano Ronaldo Said He Wanted To Join Real Madrid - Calderón

Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón has insisted that the Spanish giants only pursued Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer because the player told them that he wanted to join them.

Los Merengues' supremo recognised that it could have damaged the club's relationship with the Premier League oufit, but stated that he only pushed because he thought the Portuguese star would do the same.

The Ronaldo saga lasted throughout the pre-season transfer window and dominated sports pages around the world, only for the whole thing to collapse when United stated that they would not sell.

Now Caldéron has reflected on the relentless chase and admitted that the only did it because he believed that he was helping the player to make his dream come true.

"We have left that, it has been a very big story, which we didn't provoke," he told Sky Sports News. "The player said he wanted to come here, a dream to come to Real Madrid and we received and we were happy to know that.

"After that I talked to Manchester [United] but [chief executive] David Gill was very clear and said they did not want to sell at all.

"We want to have a good relation with all the big clubs in Europe and Manchester [United] is one of the best and I would like to have a good relationship with them forever, and they said for the moment no.

"I know the media in general like to give excitement to their readers and listeners and Cristiano Ronaldo is a fantastic player and he has won the Golden Ball - and I congratulate him on that and I wish him the best - regardless of where he is going to be in the future."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Will this man ever stop? I'm fed up with his lies. Or maybe he's just angry that they didn't get CR in the summer or that maybe CR might sign a new extended deal with United I really don't know, but I think he should concentrate on his team and it's league position in the league (6th), the new manager and all the problems that Real has in this moment. Imagine what statements he will give to the media if we play Real Madrid in the CL lol.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
You all know my view on this so I will just say this

He scored I celebrate not for him but for the team I dont sing his name and I wouldnt say hello if I walked past him in the street.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Yawn im getting bored of Calderon and Ronaldo's antics, and the media's for that matter. I don't really like him but he's a United player for now and when he goes he goes i wont really miss him or care.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
had this been any other player he would have left this summer or Sir alex wouldve dropped him

but becuase he is as good as he is neitbher willl happen soon. off next summer you reckon?

·
Registered
8 Posts
CR is not going to Real Madrid because Calderon won't be their club president then. He promised to bring Kaka,CR and Benzema when they elected him as president. He hasn't bought any "star" player since then and the Madrids fans are not happy. Not to mention that they lost 6 of their last 12 games. So CR is not going anywhere.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Im sick of both these clowns, lets just pair them up already so we can stop hearing calderon talking out of his backside, and ronaldos disgraceful antics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally don't like CR but he will stay in Man Utd. SAF needs to work a little more on his ego and he will become better team player and respectively Man Utd will be better.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
calderon has the horn for ronaldo.
the mans appetite is insatiable, he is a sexual deviant , he wont stop until he gets the boy all trussed up and wearing a gimp mask.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
ronaldo made his intent to one day play for madrid clear years ago. Only this summer did madrid try to call in their man.

another example of calderon keeping it in the media spotlight so ronaldo dont forget they still want him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
He will stay here. I think that only SAF can handle his ego. I even think that he might make him better team player and hopefully to reduce his diving skills

Z

·
0 Posts
antdevil78 said:
ronaldo made his intent to one day play for madrid clear years ago. Only this summer did madrid try to call in their man.

another example of calderon keeping it in the media spotlight so ronaldo dont forget they still want him.
He's also trying to deflect some of the blame for his teams poor performances away from the club. In effect he's blaming Ronaldo.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
What is absolutely tragic, is that you all are letting someone from another rival club tear down one of our players, and you all pile on with him. What a joke.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mufc-ok said:
I hate him if im being honest, He will never become a legend.
yeah i have have to disagree, i think your hate for him is cloudin ur judgement on that,

and as for Calderon, hes jst tryin to get back in our good books by makin out that it was all Ronaldos fault, he probably only wants to be on good terms with us so madrid can try and get our other players when they cant find players themselves elsewhere

1 - 20 of 21 Posts