Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Cristiano Ronaldo is confident that Manchester United will overcome Inter in the Champions League round of 16 encounter between the sides...

The showdown in the Champions League between Manchester Untied and Inter is rapidly approaching, with the first-leg set to take place on February 24.

Earlier this year, Inter boss Jose Mourinho claimed he believes that Red Devils winger, Cristiano Ronaldo, was overrated and that Nerazzurri striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was the better player. Ronaldo won the Champions League last season with Manchester United and also was awarded the Ballon d'Or.

"I respect the opinion of everyone, but the trophies that count are at my house," responded the Portuguese player in an interview with RaiSport.

"Inter are a strong team, with some great players, but we are better than them and I strongly believe we can beat them. Eliminating them will bring us one step closer to the final."

Ronaldo also commented on international teammate Ricardo Quaresma, who did not succeed in his first six months at Inter under 'The Special One' and is now on loan to Chelsea.

"Ricardo is a major talent and it's a sin he did not have the time to demonstrate his value," claimed the 24-year-old. "It is probably due to the fact he was bought for a lot of money and there was too much pressure in Italy; it won't be easy for him [to recover] now."

Cristiano Ronaldo recently celebrated his 24th birthday on February 5.

·
Registered
734 Posts
"I respect the opinion of everyone, but the trophies that count are at my house,"

Fxxxing rite they are :D talk about the egos these 2 have i would love it if they got into a war of words it would be priceless.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
"I respect the opinion of everyone, but the trophies that count are at my house,"

Fxxxing rite they are :D talk about the egos these 2 have i would love it if they got into a war of words it would be priceless.
haha i can see it happening now :D :p

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
"Maybe they hate me because I'm too good"

"I enjoy to watch myself on Television

Great. Now I can't decided which quote's my favourite. :p Hang on a sec...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea." - Eric Cantona

Found it. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
ROnaldo haven't score in this season UEFA champion league isn't it ? It gonna be tough to score, but we believe in him....Hope for the best...

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
you have to laugh at jose, Ibrahimovic in my opinion is the most overated player i think i have ever seen and is not fit to lace ronnies boots.
god i hope this does not come back to haunt me , i feel confident about the inter tie and they should fear us more than we them , but in football you just never know.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
just the the job done on the pitch.

on another topic, vidic will be greatly missed, especially with the first leg being held in san siro. defence will be even more important when we are playing away from home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts