Manchester United Talk banner

Cristiano's Bet?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  danfelixbuffy 
#1 ·
We all know about Cristiano Ronaldos bet with SAF last season, but what do we all think about his bet for the upcoming season?
Ronaldo has had a bet with SAF stating that if he doesn't score 20 league goals this season he will shave off all his hair

While we are on the topic of bets can i get your opinion on my bet which is i think aston villa will finish inside the top 6 this season (i dont know the odds yet or how much i am willing to bet) i just wanted other opinions

#2 ·
Isn't the bet that if he scores more than 20 Alex will shave his head? Anyway, about your bet, I should think you'll get good odds for Villa to finish in the top six. It's possible I suppose but I think 6th is the very best they could do. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham have the top 5 in my opinion. Everton, Newcastle, Man City (if they spend big) and West Ham could also be in with a shout for 6th~. You can never rule out the promoted teams either, especially Sunderland this season with Roy in charge.

#4 ·
Cristiano Ronaldo has come up with another wacky goals bet for his boss Alex Ferguson. Manchester United's Portuguese winger will tell him: I'll shave my hair off if I don't score 20 Premier League goals – you shave your hair off if I do.
Ronaldo, 22, hatched the hair-brained plan as they continue their annual wager. Last season he won a £400 bet with boss Fergie when he netted 17 times, beating his 15-goal target.

(This was a quote of the united website but it was a report from the sun newspaper so how much of it is true i dont know.)

As for my bet i think you could be right about Sunderland with Roy Keane in charge, But i think Aston Villa have more of a chance with O'Neil and if they get players who they have been linked to it could be a good season for them (and me)

#5 ·
Looks like they've got Reo-Coker but I can't think off the top of my head who else they've been linked with. You'll get better odds before they sign any more major players for obvious reasons though. I'm not convinced myself that they'll finish in the top 6, maybe 7th or 8th. Sunderland to finish top 6 is a bet I'd think about though.

#6 ·
Fair point Dave cheers, I think Sunderland to finish in the top six would be great odds but what chance do you think i have off it happening? I mean Roy Keane has proved he is a great manager but can he finish top six in his first season or do i go with Martin O'Neill in his first full season? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.