Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is nobody covering this game? I've looked through the listings and it doesn't say it is, which I find surprising.

Anyway, it kicks off a 5pm. It's 1-1 from the first leg. CSKA Moscow have the away goal, so Villa need to score. However, somewhat surprisingly MON has left 8 first team players at home because he wants to focus on getting the Champions League place.

I can't see anything other than a CSKA Moscow victory here, perhaps ever a 2 or 3 goal margin.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
im from Ireland and cant watch it so feel yer pain :p you might find a link though?

hope Aston Villa create a shock love them and O Neill but cant see it happening :(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its gonna be a nothing game. Villa will get knocked out which is probably what O'Neill wants. They cant be dealing with trips to Russia and the likes with their tiny squad, especially when you consider their league position. Its the best chance of Champions League football that they could ever get.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Believe it!
Lets hope we see them in the Champions League next season.
They'll deffinitly be in the CL next season. They're gonna finish 3rd IMO, if they can keep it up. 4th at least...

...I really fancied them to go through today.... :mellow:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
They'll deffinitly be in the CL next season. They're gonna finish 3rd IMO, if they can keep it up. 4th at least...

...I really fancied them to go through today.... :mellow:
Why?:confused:
They left all their good players at home. Its not a priority for O'Neill and anyway CSKA are a good team.

Looks like Shitty are through as well. 2 up on the night with Bellamy and Robinho doing all the damage. 4-2 up in all. Not long left.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
simple fact is a champions lge place is worth far more financially than the eufa cup .
o neil is thinking long term , and the risk of his star players picking up injuries is too big a risk , his priority is a top 4 finish.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
simple fact is a champions lge place is worth far more financially than the eufa cup .
o neil is thinking long term , and the risk of his star players picking up injuries is too big a risk , his priority is a top 4 finish.
Exactly, and they have a MUST win at home to Stoke on Sunday.

Spurs 1 up against Shaktar (not long to go)
Screamer form Giovanni and Spurs should have had a peno with Campbell getting hacked in the box.

Man City are through now, 2-1 on the night, 4-3 on Agg.
Given made a class save couple mins to go.

AC MILAN ARE OUT!!!

Spurs concede so they are OUT as well.

S

·
0 Posts
The Bitters play Aalborg next round.
Think the Bitters are second favourites to win the Uefa Cup now.
Roll on Saturday ...33 MASSIVE YEARS !!
:D

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Did anyone watch the match?

I heard nathan delfunaseo (however u spell his name) played. The guy went to the same school i did years back and my younger sister is there now and he was in the year above her.

Apparently he was amazing at football and his parents were real strict with him too! Like he was not allowed to go to the leavers prom in year 11 etc. I guess he dont care now that he is making loadsa money!

Always good to see some local lads doing something good! :cool:

Supposed to be a great prospect!

pz! :cool:

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
City are favourites with Paddy Power.

Man City 10 - 3
Bremen 7-1
Hamburg 8-1
Cska 8-1
Zenit 9-1