Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EXCLUSIVE: Wigan winger Valencia WILL sign for Manchester United in the summer | Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: Wigan winger Valencia WILL sign for Manchester United in the summer

Antonio Valencia will sign for Manchester United during the summer transfer window.

Sportsmail understands that Wigan are resigned to losing their Ecuador winger to the champions for a fee in excess of £5million.

The same agent who engineered Wilson Palacios's £12m move from the JJB Stadium to Tottenham in January will act as intermediary in the Valencia deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been monitoring the progress of the 23-year-old wide player for some time, having expressed an interest in the former Villarreal star last summer, according to the player's agent Diego Herrera.

Last summer, when United allegedly came knocking, Latics boss Steve Bruce admitted the lustre of the Red Devils would be too much to resist for any of his young players.

Bruce said: 'Come on, we have to be sensible about this. If Man United come knocking at the door, how the hell can you refuse them?

'I'm aware you can't deny somebody like a Manchester United or a Liverpool or a Tottenham.

'This club never wanted to sell (Pascal) Chimbonda, but players want to go and you can understand that, so we have to be realistic as well.'

- Nowhere in the article does it say Valencia will join United, but the Daily Mail makes an 'Exclusive' out of it. Oh well.... just passing along the info.

Will merge later.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
had we not signed tosic i would have thought this likely. and i dont think wigan would really sell him for just £5m to one of the biggest clubs around.

bored journalists with nothing better to report??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
i think he is crap if anything man united need a new right back

sergio ramos
First off, if there is a position we don't need help at, it is RB or CB.

Secondly, Ramos is vastly overrated and I never want to see him in a United shirt.

Lastly, that really doesn't have to do with this thread. :p

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't think that it is anything like a done deal at all. However, I think Fergie will be looking at several wingers currently to add to his one class winger for next season. He had a late bid last summer for David Silva rejected but that situation may now change, Ribery has said we're interested, I've heard rumours about Alexi Sanchez too, and Valencia is another name that keeps coming up. I think theres probably an element of truth in all of them in the sense that he is probably sounding out their availablity.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
i think he is crap if anything man united need a new right back

sergio ramos
Yeah, we've only got Neville, Brown, Rafael, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Evans and Fletcher who can play there. :whistling:

I'd prefer to believe the rumours about Ribery than Valencia but I think Richie is right - Fergie has his eye on a few wingers.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Its down to how fergie feels about both tosic and nani Imo, if he feels they wont develop then he will most probably bid for a silva or valencia, I doubt he would try and sign ribery just because of the high fee it would require.

·
Registered
773 Posts
First off, if there is a position we don't need help at, it is RB or CB.

Secondly, Ramos is vastly overrated and I never want to see him in a United shirt.

Lastly, that really doesn't have to do with this thread. :p
yup, but what about dani alves..ops, off the thread..

Z

·
0 Posts
Why are people still discussing this? Is there a single quote from anyone at United in the article? No? So it's just paper bollocks?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts