Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The famous 'Daily Mail' called Serbian defender Nemanja Vidic as a Croat.In one text about his mess with Drogba,after his interview they wrote 'Croat said'.
I think that is a big shame for UK's second popular newspaper,especially because almost 10 000 000 people are reading those papers every day.Not to mention political turbulence between two people.They didn't offend anybody,it was just a mistake,but for one high ratet list......huh...it's too much.

S

·
0 Posts
Drew9 said:
lol this is awful !
No mate, it's just lazy journalism by stupid reporters
and even more stupid editors and proof readers.

But what do you expect ? This is the Daily Mail we are
talking about.

A newspaper that's not even good enough to be cut
up and used for toilet paper.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asaf cohen said:
with all due respect mate who cares. it was only a mistake
Nobody cares,that's why it's so funny.Imagine that they wrote that Coloseum is in France or Statue of Freadom is in Canada.That's my point;)
Vidic is world famous player and they are famous papers.Even I heard for them before yesterday.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
a mistake easily made. A lot of reporters nowadays copy their stories off the net, they do not actually report anymore, so I see these errors every day, in the media. Read any paper, cover to cover, each day will contain a good dozen mistakes; they care not. There is also a saying in broadcasting, "If you make a mistake, never apologise, just carry on."

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Red Devil said:
a mistake easily made. A lot of reporters nowadays copy their stories off the net, they do not actually report anymore, so I see these errors every day, in the media. Read any paper, cover to cover, each day will contain a good dozen mistakes; they care not. There is also a saying in broadcasting, "If you make a mistake, never apologise, just carry on."
In a way you're right RD. There's so many more ways of getting your 'reports' nowadays then it was just 5 years ago. Now, everything moves too fast. This still dont justify the mistake. Where's the pride in your profession and ethics? Checking your facts is one of the first things you learn at your first day at journalist classes. In this specific case I think its just ignorace who created this 'mistake'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts