Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably be laughed off I expect, but I'm going to say it anyway.

I read recently in a magazine that his contract is up in the summer. After searching on the internet, I have found no news on him signing a new contract. Instead, I've only found news that his contract negotiations have broken down, as well as people on a City forum demanding for him to be sold so they can get some money for him. Of course, if he signs a new contract then he'll be out of reach. However, I think we should go for it.

I've been hugely impressed by him whenever I've seen him play. Right now, his appearances to goals/assists doesn't look good. But at closer inspection he's only had 360 mins on the pitch, and his current pitch time to goals or assists is one every 60 minutes. (According to Wiki.) People will oppose the move saying "What about Welbeck, Campbell etc?" But imho, I think this guy is and will be a better player than Campbell. I think this guy is going to be a star and he's only going to be 20 in September.

Of course, he might not want to come here for whatever reason. However, I think we should take the chance and make an approach to see if he will be interested. If you don't ask you don't get.

Discuss (even though I have a feeling I know what the reactions will be :rolleyes: Of course, apart from abo who'll welcome an Englishman here :p)

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Lol one in 6 minutes can't be right that would be insane. But I agree that lad has potential definitely, if we could get him on the cheap why not. I think maybe though the reason he won't sign on at City is because he thinks his first team chances would be limited so he would have the same issue here. But maybe there's a different reason behind it I don't know

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richie said:
Lol one in 6 minutes can't be right that would be insane. But I agree that lad has potential definitely, if we could get him on the cheap why not. I think maybe though the reason he won't sign on at City is because he thinks his first team chances would be limited so he would have the same issue here. But maybe there's a different reason behind it I don't know
Sorry, that's a typo. It's supposed to say 60 :eek: Thanks for pointing it out ;) :p (Will change it now)

As for the cheap part, he's out of contract so that would be wages and any fees (agent fees, signing-on fee, etc.) And I think because of his age we'd need to pay some form of compensation to City. Also, we won't know about him being interested or what his attitude would be unless we spoke to him first.

He might not want to come for whatever reason, but there's no harm in trying.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good player, has played decent for em IMO. Would be a good signing for any PL team but doubt we will be in contention. It's a pity the like of Sturridge, Richards and Johnson were being linked with moves away from City. The new owners prob dont think homegrown talents fit in with their mad plans for world domination*

*Failure!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Sownak27 said:
On in 6 minutes?
So 60 assists in the season so far ... ? :rolleyes:
EDIT: see you've changed it now

Though I dont know if I am like him all that much

He doesn't really have much pace about him...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
hes wonderful his finishing may not be the best nor his passing but his pace is terrific and he is capeable to run past any defender

but i would prefer to buy Victor Moses

wish we get them both

·
Registered
734 Posts
from what iv seen of him he does look a decent player he looks like he has good composure on the ball and can pick a tidy pass around the box. i doubt we will end up going for him tho, if Hughes is smart he will hold onto his young players.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I agree that we won't go for him unfortunately but it won't be great if we managed to get him.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Good shout and has impressed me on the few occasions I've seen him. Think I saw him set up one for Ireland and also score.

Good physique, acceleration, calm finishing... think I also saw him take a penalty after coming on as a sub.

Free? I'd usually say yes, but what of Campbell, Welbeck, Manucho and Macheda? A lot of competition, no? And quite meaningful competition in Welbeck's case, although he might be agead of all the fringe players I just mentioned.

Wouldn't mind him though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedForceRising said:
Free? I'd usually say yes, but what of Campbell, Welbeck, Manucho and Macheda? A lot of competition, no? And quite meaningful competition in Welbeck's case, although he might be agead of all the fringe players I just mentioned.
Well, as I said in my first post I think he is and will be better than Campbell.

As for Manucho, I don't think he's going to get many chances here although I'd like to see him get the chance to show what he's worth.

As for Macheda, I can't comment as I haven't seen him yet.

And finally, I don't think having Sturridge and Welbeck in reserve is a problem.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Dan Sturridge looks a decent player, one of a few Man City players to have come out their academy that look pretty good! (Hart, Schmeichal, Johnson) Everytime I've seen him he's put in a good show, I reckon he'll be offered a new contract Hughes shouldn't let him go. I think he looks a decent prospect plays for England U-21's as well I think.

I wouldn't mind him, I think Manucho and Campbell will leave in the summer anyway so having Sturridge would be a good asset to the club.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a side-note, it's good to see people being unbiased. I actually expected a lot of people to come in saying he was rubbish, and he shouldn't be anywhere near us :p

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
manutd004 said:
On a side-note, it's good to see people being unbiased. I actually expected a lot of people to come in saying he was rubbish, and he shouldn't be anywhere near us :p
Ryan Giggs came from City, no one here can talk.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
if he is cheap, why not. It really cant hurt to have a talent like him and a little competition for welbeck and campbell wont hurt anyone.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Im pretty sure i said the same thing a little while ago, buy him he's pure class and quality and left footed, Imagine rooney and berba first choice and tevez welbeck and sturridge as subs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts