Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
absolutely NOT! we're in the market for the Benzema's of the world not an overpriced second rate nobody!

I'm still of the opinion that we should never have let Rossi go!

·
Registered
78 Posts
We would've been better getting a cut price Defoe rather than Bent over rated rubbish. If we should get anyone it should be Huntelaar or Berbatov with the latter being more likely.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I don't really rate Darren Bent tbh. He had a couple of good seasons at Charlton but I think he could find himself in the same situation as Defoe - playing 2nd fiddle to Keane and Berbatov.

Bent's strength is playing off the last defender and getting in behind the defence i.e. getting on the end of long balls forward. That's why he did so well for Charlton but I don't think he'd suit United's style of play.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
versa said:
We can sign him on 1st April; every year.
Wouldn't be very fair on Bent.

Bent: "Yay, Man United are going to sign me!"
Fergie: "APRIL FOOLS"
Bent: "NOT AGAIN!!!"

:D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Tbh, I would rather get Jermain Defoe over him any day....any sensible person would, wouldn't they? :rolleyes: Anyway, United hve the prime option on whether to recall back Giuseppe Rossi after his season long-loan deal finish (according to Villareal's official website). Plus Manucho Goncalves to return from Panathinaikos after his rights to get an official work permit. So most possibly, our strike force will consist of this next season:

Wayne Rooney
Carlos Tevez (last season with United b4 returning back to WHU)
Louis Saha (turns 30)
Giuseppe Rossi
Manucho Goncalves (needs some period of time to settle in the Premiership well)

So no, we don't need Darren Bent. Maybe Klaas-Jan Juntelaar or Karim Benzema will help! ;)

·
23,699 Posts
reddwarf said:
Wouldn't be very fair on Bent.
Bent: "Yay, Man United are going to sign me!"
Fergie: "APRIL FOOLS"
Bent: "NOT AGAIN!!!"

:D
Alright, alright, you do have a point there. :rolleyes:

Just once will do.:D :D

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Close this thread please.

Stupid topic, almost an insult at United.

I can see the next threads popping up about how Emile Heskey is an undiscovered quality.

·
23,699 Posts
Justice said:
Close this thread please.

Stupid topic, almost an insult at United.

I can see the next threads popping up about how Emile Heskey is an undiscovered quality.
To be fair to the initiator, perhaps let it runs its own course?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
versa said:
To be fair to the initiator, perhaps let it runs its own course?
Yeah, you're being a bit harsh Justice.

Bent was the leading English goal scorer in the Prem not so long ago and has signed for one of the better teams in the Prem for a sizeable fee so people are bound to sit up and take notice of him. :p

Still don't rate him though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Not a bad player but if he cant get a game at Spurs what
chance would he have at United? never going to happen
in a million years.
and anyway there is much better out there.....
Benzema, Berba, Eto'o, Huntelaar, Quagmire etc...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that if Bent instead join ous then Spurs he could be better. He could be a gamble but an attackingform of Rooney - Bent could be something special.

I think that if Bent instead join ous then Spurs he could be better. He could be a gamble but an attackingform of Rooney - Bent could be something special. I think that if Bent sees that the boss has faith on him then he gonna scores many goals and Fergie could do some wonder with him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts