Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferguson Distances Himself From QPR Role
Sir Alex Ferguson's son Darren, the Peterborough United manager, has dismisssed reports linking him with the vacancy at Queens Park Rangers.

Is Darren Ferguson in line to succeed Iain Dowie as QPR manager? Not according to the Peterborough boss himself.

Ambitious Championship side QPR are looking for a new manager after sacking Dowie last week, but Ferguson doesn't consider himself to be in the frame to take over at Loftus Road, and has distanced himself from the speculation.

Sir Alex's son has made a good impression as manager of the Posh since his appointment at London Road in January 2007, taking them up from League Two to League One last season.

And he said: "No-one's going anywhere. We have a plan here. The first part of the plan was completed last season when we clinched promotion and I know we have a side capable of challenging for promotion this year.

"There's no reason for any of my players or myself leaving.

"It's nonsense and I'm just concentrating on Peterborough United. My players have been linked with a number of clubs in recent weeks and it's just speculation. We don't want to let any of our players leave this football club."

Posh director of football, Barry Fry, added: "You won't get better backing from a chairman than you will at Peterborough United.

"Darren has done brilliantly and there's no reason for him to leave. We want to keep everyone together at London Road."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this comes to fruition , it could be Fergie vs Fergie at OT on 11

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I was going to start a thread about this quite a while ago, when I heard the rumours about this when Iain Dowie was still in charge.

I think QPR should go for him. Hes done a great job at Peterborough, looks to play good football and it would be a positive move, considering hes a young, hungry manager as well.

If he does get the job, I hope he gets the time to get the team to play his way and is able to get his own team together.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'd love to take that job if I were him, the transfer kitty has to be huge, they have more money then Chelsea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts