Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
andycole9 said:
LOL love it

i agree with the OP fletcher is shite.... 3 out of 5 passes go astray, he can't tackle to save his life (he just jockeys players without actually tackling) his concentration levels are crap he always loses his marker and lets people run off him
the only good thing he's got going for him is his engine but running 15k a game is not good enough for us..he's a poor mans robbie savage IMO

NO WAY WOULD HE GET INTO ANY OF THE OTHER TOP 4 TEAMS NOR DO I THINK HE WOULD GET IN POMPEYS,EVERTON,VILLA'S,WEST HAM'S, SPURS, OR NEWCASTLE'S TEAM HE WILL END UP AT BORO, BIRMINGHAM OR BOLTON

he's had about 4 top games for us and people on here think he should be praised and not slagged off that equates to less than 1 a year

good bye fletch and good luck
this part right here is a total bull man... we'll watch the next match in the shoutbox together ( when fletch will be involved ), then we'll count all those succesfull passes and stolen balls and we'll compare it to hargreaves' .... then the next thing we'll compare their prices to see what's the difference between those 2

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Fletcher isn't terrible but he's not great either.

I think he's a decent player - he can pass and tackle well, he brings a lot of energy to the side and has scored some good goals. The winner against Chelsea has already been mentioned, he scored the winner away at Middlesbrough last season and his opener against Charlton last season showed great composure in the penalty area.

For me, his 2 main problems are that he started a lot of games on the right where he is poor (he's much better in central midfield) and he's made a lot of cameo appearances as a sub when he struggles to adjust to the pace of the game.

A lot of England fans thought Hargreaves was a poor player because they only saw him for 10 minutes at the end of games but when he had a starting place, in his preferred position, he showed what he could really do.

Fletcher will never set the World alight and at United it's unlikely he'll ever get a run in the 1st XI. For the good of his career he should move on but if he's happy to play a bit part at United then I'm happy to have him.

·
23,699 Posts
A few facts first...

1. Fletcher ranks behind Scholes, Anderson, Carrick and Hargreaves in central midfield, his preferred and best position.

2. He ranks behind Ronaldo, Nani and even Park as a right winger, an awkward position for him, no doubt.

3. He has good temperament, never complains, is hardworking, honest and tries his utmost best whenever given the opportunity; fair play to him as an integral and valued albeit squad player.

4. He may have done his heroics for Scotland but rarely for United, be it due to a genuine lack of opportunity or just simply being not good enough, or both.

Long story short, to be fair to the young man and his footballing career, we should wish him well and let him go if a good offers come along. Not with contempt or scorn, however, but with due respect and gratitude for his good services rendered.

Come that day, guess a sincere, warm applause would be nice for a worthy servant of United.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I think you guys should tell Fergie not to pick Fletch since his so darn crappy. You know more about football, how to pick a team then him. ;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
spellbound said:
I think you guys should tell Fergie not to pick Fletch since his so darn crappy. You know more about football, how to pick a team then him. ;)
thats what football is all about opinions , the game is run on opinions .
thats what makes it great , i go with my mates and none of us agree on who played well and who played shite.
its all down to whether you like the player for a start , because that influences how you feel about his performances:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
this part right here is a total bull man... we'll watch the next match in the shoutbox together ( when fletch will be involved ), then we'll count all those succesfull passes and stolen balls and we'll compare it to hargreaves' .... then the next thing we'll compare their prices to see what's the difference between those 2
the difference being hargreaves will play against top quality opposition where as fletch will be lucky if he gets a game against derby

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Im happy to see lots of great posts on this thread(especially Alto's).

Its your first post and you choose to be critical of our players without even giving a valid reason.
As some have said, Fletch may not be the most gifted player in the team, but do we hear him complain? Does he never give 100%?
We should be happy to have him as a loyal player in our squad.
People like to slate the likes of O'Shea, Fletch adn Brown but its players like them that makes United a great squad.

You should try concentrate on the positives yeganehs.....
and you should count yourself lucky to be 'supporting' one of the best teams in the World.
Always keep the faith.
Fletch played like a demi God tonight.
He was awesome in the middle of the park.
Well worth his place in our squad.
Shame on all you Fletch bashers.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
yeganehs said:
darren fletcher is terrible.... I don't understand why he plays on manchester united... he wouldn't even start on any team in the MLS... He needs to leave as soon as possible
MLS. My local pub league is more competitive than that shower of shit. Beckham is only there cos of the huge amount of money waved under his nose to try and glamour up the league.

We invented football and rugby (later to become American Football)

Comments about Fletcher above are just retarded and have no thought put into them as to why he shouldnt. With regards to the player, he is one of those that does a sterling job but gets little recoqnition because it dont win games like the goals from rooney, ronaldo and co. Fletcher, Hargreaves, Carrick are also players who fight for the cause and dont expect much in terms of praise

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
i must be smokin crack so. u will never see hargreeves play that good ever. today showed why this is a terrible thread.
You are right about the thread....
but you are so wrong about Hargreaves.
He will be the ultimate protector to our defence.
i cant see why fans dont like him.
He is a complete player who's donkey work goes mainly unoticed to the untrained eye ;-)

·
Registered
854 Posts
your entitled to your opinion. thats fine but when i watch a game with hargreeves playin i pay special attention to him. he hunts all over the pitch trying to win the ball back but thats it. flecther does that and can pass and score. hargreeves is also a bit slow and halts our attacking play imo.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
never been a fletcher fan , but he played well yesterday .
i have never thought he was united class from day one , but always cheer him on when he wears the shirt.
you dont have to like every player n the squad .

·
Registered
309 Posts
stretty said:
never been a fletcher fan , but he played well yesterday .
i have never thought he was united class from day one , but always cheer him on when he wears the shirt.
you dont have to like every player n the squad .

would you consider converting to one now after yesterday?

I was lukewarm about him myself but yesterday proved that fletch is truly the man for the big occasion.He also plays well for Scotland and shows he is well capable of playing at the highest level.He displayed admirable loyalty aswell last month by not countenancing any talk of leaving the club during the transfer window.He is unusual for a player nowadays- a humble servant who considers it a privelege to play for man united-a true united hero in my eyes!!

·
23,699 Posts
Well, er... ahem...

As we all know, and as we can see,.... [coughing badly]

Ok, alright, alright....

Fletcher, you are a joker, do you know that??!!! You really know how to surprise people!!:D :D

Surprise me more, please.:rolleyes: ................................;)

·
Banned
836 Posts
Fletcher had a point to prove yesterday, I thought he was pretty Scholesy-like yesterday, sliding, tackling, complaining to the ref etc.
Fletcher was awesome yesterday and after two goals, I wouldn't be suprised if he got picked for the next game.

We all need to give Darren a break, I know majority of fans aren't keen on him but he's playing at the biggest club in the world and he must be good if he's playing for this club.

G

·
Is it just me or is Fletch a bit game player? He scored the winner against Chelski at OT two seasons ago, he was awesome against Roma last season, and he was man of the match yesterday (in my opinion). Every time he has a great game it seems to be against the bigger teams.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.