Manchester United Talk banner

Darren Fletcher on his way out of United?

1K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  mulletsneverdie 
#1 ·
It has been picked up by the over-active grapevine that West Ham United manager Alan Curbishley is attempting to grapple Manchester United's Darren Fletcher from under Sir Alex Ferguson's nose. Apparently the Scot is keen to get regular first-team football action and sees his future away from Old Trafford. A fee of £6m has been mentioned which seems like a decent price for a player with bags of potential. A move to Upton Park would at least give Fletcher a good shot at a decent run of regular first-team action, something he has never managed in seven years at Manchester United.

A loyal servant to our club for the past seven years...

#7 ·
Clarky101 said:
yeah darrens a good player but his young and if he wants to make the most of his talent maybe ot aint the place for him. i mean who would you pick carrick hargreeves scholes anderson. where do u see fletch in there plus the likely crop up of john o'shea
They are squad players at one of the best, and biggest football clubs in the world........:)

They provide great back-up and Fletcher is a young, tenacious midfielder and a very useful player....

O'Shea is our "Utility-man"....what more can I say........

:)

#18 ·
There's been speculation about Fletcher leaving United for ages because he's a regular Scottish International but will never break into the United first team. If he's happy to be a squad player then we'll keep hold of him but if he wants regular 1st team football then he will have to leave.

At his best Fletcher can be a driving force in midfield giving the side energy and some of his passing is top draw but only from central midfield imo. He has looked dreadful every time he's been played on the right for us and there is lots of competition for places in central midfield.

He'll never get a run in the side in that position, which is what he needs to perform well consistently. You can't judge a player when they come on every now and again for the last 10-20 minutes as Hargreaves proved to England fans.

#21 ·
he could at least stay till the end of the season, he's hot a job to do at united and when called upon he can still put on a good show and do a good job

i would honestly be upset if fletch left, as im certain the lack of support the fans have shown him has something to do with it, i hope your happy you glory huntin bastards whoever you are

i agree he doesnt get the credit he deserves, far better than people want to believe, some supporters are real dicks when it comes to gettin behind their players

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.