Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police have confirmed that the home of Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher - in Bowden, Greater Manchester - was broken into on Monday night. The Scot is currently in Italy ahead of tonight's Champions League clash with Inter.

A woman was reportedly threatened during the raid. The 25-year-old has a girlfriend and two sons, although it's unclear as to whether they were at the property at the time of the incident.

Scenes of crime officers have now been to the house, with inquiries ongoing.

Police were initially called at 21:00 GMT. Prior to that, a gang had entered and taken some items as they roved through the property. Police have reported no injuries, although it's unknown whether or not the gang was armed with weapons.

It's not the first time a Premier League footballer has had his home burgled. United and Liverpool stars are the worst affected, with potential thieves aware of their movements via media coverage and operations easier to manage than in busy London.

Fletcher is, nevertheless, expected to start against Jose Mourinho's Inter.

http://www.goal.com/en/Sondaggi.aspx?IdSondaggio=-2147482057

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The most shocking thing in the article I read is that Fletcher is on £50k per week. That's an incredible amount for a squad player.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
can't believe its happening in Manchester after we slagged off the scousers for it... I think the scousers are responsible for this as well :)

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Bad news but if it wasn't sentimental stuff and there was no one in the house and didn't get hurt i think he'll feel happier about that.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Absolute *****. Fletcher is lucky none of his family got hurt, i mean robbing a house with knives and two young kids in there its absolutely disgusting

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
rich and not at home makes for easy pickings for a burglar .

list of suspects narrowed to sock robbers bin dippers and blue poo .:mfight:

everton liverpool utd and blackburn players robbed so my money is on a citeh fan trying to get brass together for the season ticket prices in next two seasons:ph34r:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The most shocking thing in the article I read is that Fletcher is on £50k per week. That's an incredible amount for a squad player.
Word!

Although I hear Wes Brown is on the same amount. What is very wrong is that Vidic and Evra are also said to be on that salary, which is wrong, because Fletcher is a squad player and Wes Brown only became a regular last season.

This is just a newspaper figure though and we have no way of knowing if it is true or not.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
"Eh, Bob?"

"Yeah"

"There's two Premiership Trophies in here as well as a Champions League one"

"Hmm... Premiership you say? You're probably right this can't be Gerrard's place innit"

They pack up & leave.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Eh, Bob?"

"Yeah"

"There's two Premiership Trophies in here as well as a Champions League one"

"Hmm... Premiership you say? You're probably right this can't be Gerrard's place innit"

They pack up & leave.
:fish: :specool:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
First United player to get robbed, these guys need to be caught, its outragoeous when they target when the man of the house is far far away, they need to grab a pair of cojones and face the conseqences, like to see them try Roooney, he'll box them out left right and centre!

·
Banned
33 Posts
What the heck has this got to do with how much money he earns ? (previous posts) No one deserves this.
If youv'e ever been robbed, its a bloody horrible experience. I was lucky I wasn't at home on mine, but your mind is now totally on, will they be back ?

Manchester United Star Darren Fletcher's Home Raided After He Flies To Italy For Champions League | UK News | Sky News

Terrified Hayley was grabbed by the hair and forced to hand over her engagement ring in the raid.
Her mother was also manhandled and forced to hand over jewellery at knife-point.
Three men are said to have kicked in the front door and burst into the living room of the player's £1.5m mansion in Bowdon, Greater Manchester, at around 9pm on Monday.
The young couple's twin sons, Jack and Tyler, were asleep at the time.

Police have appealed for anyone who saw a car or men acting suspiciously in the area in the previous days or weeks to come forward.

Sergeant Phil Seeley, of Greater Manchester Police said: "Maybe you saw a car driving away from this area at speed, or maybe somebody you know was bragging about or planning this."
Det Insp Frank Morris added the victims were "obviously very shaken and upset at what has happened, as anyone would be."
One offender is described as white, in his early 20s, 5ft 9in and of slim build. The second is in his early 20s, 6ft and of slim build and the third is also believed to be in his early 20s, 5ft 10in and of slim build.
All three were wearing dark clothing, a hooded top and dark gloves.

Help catch these low-life sucm.

Big hugs to Hayley and the kids, also Darren, he must be beside himself worried sick.

GrannyJ

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Police arrest man over Fletcher burglary

Police arrest man over Fletcher burglary - - SI.com

MANCHESTER, England (AP) -Police arrested a man on Tuesday on suspicion of burgling the house of Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher last month.

Manchester police said they arrested a 28-year-old man a week after Fletcher became the latest English Premier League footballer to have his home in the northwest of England burgled.

The man's identity was not made public and he was released on bail while the police investigated further.

Fletcher, a Scotland international, was away with United in Italy for a Champions League match when three armed robbers kicked in the front door while his fiancee and her mother were inside.

A knife was held to Hayley Grice's throat as she was forced to hand over her engagement ring, which police said was stolen along with watches and other jewelry.

The couple's twin sons, Jack and Tyler, were asleep at the time in the home in Bowdon, an affluent village south of Manchester and home to a number of high-earning footballers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts