Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Celtic/ Man U fan here in peace. What do you guys make of Fletcher, constant rumours he may come to Glasgow since he was a Celtic fan in his early days.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i hope we keep him and I think we should use him more. i'd like to see a carrick, fletcher and anderson midfield, they usually play well together. it would be a mistake to get rid of him but we are well-covered in the area i suppose.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
must admit not one of my favourite players , i have always been quick to criticise him but this season in some of the big games hes been pretty good and an effective squad player.
is he united class the answer is no

·
Registered
28 Posts
ive been one of those who initialy was bit sceptical. to the extent i thought he may even be fergies lovechild~~! but upon coser inspection, fletchs nose isnt as big! anyway i think hes been an excellent squad player this year, and most of last year. i like his attitude, whenever he get his chance he seems to give his all. i dont think hes united future, but def a player we wana hold onto to help rotation/injuries etc. its carrick that really frustates me,yes hes got good long range passes, yes he has decent vision, but is that really good enough? he needs alot more to his game than a few long range passes in a game, am i alone here?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
redkhoon said:
ive been one of those who initialy was bit sceptical. to the extent i thought he may even be fergies lovechild~~! but upon coser inspection, fletchs nose isnt as big! anyway i think hes been an excellent squad player this year, and most of last year. i like his attitude, whenever he get his chance he seems to give his all. i dont think hes united future, but def a player we wana hold onto to help rotation/injuries etc. its carrick that really frustates me,yes hes got good long range passes, yes he has decent vision, but is that really good enough? he needs alot more to his game than a few long range passes in a game, am i alone here?
good 1st post and welcome to the forum...

I agree completely about Fletch. He has come into big games and put in
some quality performances (who can forget the game vs Arse?)

I agree with your criticism of Carrick to a certain extent. He was very good last
year playing his part in the team that got the Prem back. He was consistent
for the first half of the season when he played. Recently though he has looked
out of his depth on occasion. Sloppy passing, bad finishing have been features
of recent weeks.

I do like Carrick but I feel Scholes and Hargo would be more effective and then
we have the likes of Fletch and Anderson who on their day can really perform.

Anyway, I wouldnt be surprised to see Carrick dropped for the Wigan and/or
CL final vs Chelsea. He needs to step up again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts