Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading the artical about ciddys rumored bid of £135millon on ronaldo

im sure you all know the artical im on about so im not gunna post it all but he made one point which i found rather intresting

"Still, it is interesting that when Alex mentioned the Dimitar Berbatov signing from Spurs in advance that complaints were made to the Premier League and yet he is publicly listing a host of players he claims to want to buy."

that was a comment about Sulaiman Al-Fahim that crazy owner of man ciddy.

i just find it intresting how nothings been made of
fergie apparntly makes a comment on the berbatov signing and we get spurs in uproar making a complant

dosnt seem right does it?:(

p.s. link to artical http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7602742.stm

·
Registered
934 Posts
fabregas? torres? ronaldo? buffon? kaka?

these are some of the best players in the world
i think it could be usettleing for these players
with the big money deals etc

all this money could ruin football

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It is a good point but I'm not sure whether United, Liverpool and Arsenal know whether to take this guy seriously or not yet. Claiming that he's willing to make a £135m bid for Ronaldo may just be a publicity stunt. I know he has the funds to back it up but that is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on 1 player.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reddwarf said:
It is a good point but I'm not sure whether United, Liverpool and Arsenal know whether to take this guy seriously or not yet. Claiming that he's willing to make a £135m bid for Ronaldo may just be a publicity stunt. I know he has the funds to back it up but that is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on 1 player.
oh yeah i agree it pretty much is its just using ronaldo's name as a way to get his name in the headlines again

but im just saying perhaps after a while someone needs to turn round and say you cant keep saying this and perhaps show the bloke how things are run

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
the big sides in Europe wont stand for this kind of crap, yes they'll be able to use their money to sign the next Essien from Lyon etc. but they are dreaming if they think they're gonna be able to sign a super team cos it simply isnt going to happen! if Chelsea haven't been able to get the Kaka's to London, what chance do Citeh have in getting them to a council house in the second team in Englands third City?!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Eoininho, money talks. If they are able to offer 100% more than what a player should be worth chances are they'll sign him.

Chelsea may offer £40M for Kaka and get rejected. If Ciddy want to pay £80M then he'll go.

It's simple economics really.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, it is a good point but as yet, it isn't backed up by anything and is probably a publicity stunt.

Yes, he did mention Ronaldo's name, as well as Torres, Fabregas, Buffon etc which isn't correct. However, they haven't made bid's for these players just now, so its not like its going to unsettle the players.

Also, as if the players playing for clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Madrid, the Milan clubs, Barcelona etc are really going to turn their heads and say "City are after me?! Wowee! I want to go there" :p (Unless of course their seriously unsettled and get offered £150,000+ like Robinho was :rolleyes:)

It isn't right, but it isn't coming to anything yet.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Its a vicious circle really...

United
Complain to Real for looking about Ronaldo - Do the same for Berba and Hargo

Real
Complain to Chelski looking about Robinho - Do the same for Ronaldo

and so fourth....

If City table a 130M bid or whatever, we'd be fools not to take it IMO. Yes, they're our nearest rivals, but 130M is 130M....unbelievable. Doubt such an offer will surface, for reasons such as,

City and United rivalry
No CL football in the Council House
Ronaldo already said he's going to play in Spain
Amount of money for one player is ridiculous!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
samdav said:
they can try to buy our players therell wanna sign our trophies next
I doubt it :rolleyes:

Its all a bit crazy over there ATM really.....not so long ago they were battling relegation!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's all really overinflated right now bc of how last minute City was bought...he really had no chance to prove how true to his word he'll be. Robinho was a splash of cash yeah...but do you really think he'll keep it up? Eventually all the big clubs just need to turn their heads; if they don't it could seriously ruin football, and turn it into a playground for the billionares who want a real life FIFA08.
So i'm hoping that all the speculation stays just speculation.
You can try and build a team of superstars but what happens to the clubs that actually make them??? Hopefully they'll still be going strong.

Basically the market for players is so overinflated already if this guy actually goes through with everything we all have to hope that the clubs will stand together and turn his offers down, money is money....
but we can't let money ruin football

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i know this is going to come out wierd but can you imagine if it was us with all this money would u be complainin then?? but stilll im not saying that its good i think its disgraceful the amount of money there talking about thorwin around 100s of millons on 1 single player its a disgrace is any player in the world even worth a million when you think theres people starving all over the world and it just makes me sick espicaly seeing as the new many city owners have no intrest at all in football its just there play toy :mad: why dont they do something usefull and donate the money they will spend on players to helping devolpening countires:mad: anyway thats my rant over :p lol

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tbh, the Man City owner, atm, is all mouth, talking about signing all those players.

Lets just see if he puts those words into actions.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
if this looney arab offers £135 million for any player then the respected club will have to sell and just imagine the wages he will offer the player probably £200 grand a week to make sure he signs.
although this arab can afford any players he wants they will never play with pride and passion and city could still struggle to win the major prizes.it will take at least 3 seasons for them to seriously challenge for the title and this guy might get a bit bored and move on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts