Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was one of the best goalkeeping performances of the season ! Who says England don't have a goalkeeper ?! Been watching him closely this season ( because Kranjcar's at Pompey ) and I have to say - he is the in-form keeper ! at the moment maybe the best gk in the EPL . His save against Arsenal when he CAUGHT the ball heading at the spot where the post match the bar and his saves today (especially that reflex save from point blank at the 92nd minute) were amazing:eek: :eek: ! He was unreliable before but that days are definitely over !

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
james is the best keeper in the prem by some margin and has been for a while . trouble is we remember the 3-1 against liverpool where he boo booed twice for cole to benefit and a few other gaffes years ago

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I never would have called him unreliable.
he is a top keeper, always has been.
he has been unfairly slated by the media for a few mistakes.
yes he made some howlers but he always comes for the ball and comes back for more. he is a great keeper and defo should be Englands number one.
I bet nobody can name a keeper that never makes mistakes.....
Even VDS, Cech, Cassilas and Buffon mucj it up now and again.
Its what they do the rest of the time that counts.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haggler said:
james is the best keeper in the prem by some margin and has been for a while . trouble is we remember the 3-1 against liverpool where he boo booed twice for cole to benefit and a few other gaffes years ago
yup - i gree about liverpool part - he's had his "barthez - a-like" blunders but hasn't had any for quite some time now

Jazz 16 said:
I never would have called him unreliable.
he is a top keeper, always has been.
he has been unfairly slated by the media for a few mistakes.
yes he made some howlers but he always comes for the ball and comes back for more. he is a great keeper and defo should be Englands number one.
I bet nobody can name a keeper that never makes mistakes.....
Even VDS, Cech, Cassilas and Buffon mucj it up now and again.
Its what they do the rest of the time that counts.
Yes but the keeper who's made the least mistakes has got to be Buffon - One of the best in the history definitely.He'sbeen playing at the top level ever since he burst into a scene aged 19 (like Casillas ) I don't remember Buffon making a single mistake unlike the other mentioned. Schmeichel had some really funny mistakes, not to mention Kahn. But you're right there - it is not fair to look at James through the glasses of an "alien " Buffon though. It's like comparing , let's say - Camoranesi or Mancini to Ronaldo - they are very good players but ronaldo is a planet of his own. Just like Buffon !

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
carson is a good goalie but not as good as james is right now.........james has been very good from the moment he moved from city to pompey.....he had been very good for trhem last season and he is continuimg that form very well this season too.....kudos to james....james had his bad times but he has gone through them very well...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rebelk0de said:
i think that james is a good goalkeepeer, but carson is better than him. Id rather see carson as england's goalkeeper

me too - i have some great memories of him :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
He made some great saves for Portsmouth today ...

One of them a penalty ... :eek:

For 37 he looks in great shape too ...
Exactly, and he got motm.
Also made a Worldie from Neil Mellor's curler.
James looks as though he has a few years left in him still.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
rebelk0de said:
yeah...hope that capello thinks the same way too
i assume you kno this person is referring to carson's shocking display against their own country CROATIA!!!!

otherwise england really need to give green a shot and lets hope foster's up to the task !!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts