Manchester United Talk banner

Are you positive or negative about the appointment?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 4911 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
As i said before all this, he wasn't my top choice but happy enough with him.

BTW, has he had natural wingers there ? He plays a more narrow 4-5-1 ?

·
Quadrospazzed on a life-glug
2,360 Posts
It's the players like De Gea and Kagawa with little English that I feel for. They may not have understood Fergie's thick Scottish accent but at least he had eyebrows so they could read his facial expressions.

·
2,132 Posts
I've just realized something. Moyes is Glazer fap material. He won't cost the earth to bring in, especially as his contract is up in the summer, and they won't have to splash out cash cos "he does well with what he has, and a minimal budget"

Just made my day so much worse for myself.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Who gives a shit about the fucking odds? For all we know, the media knows only as much as we do. This has come as surprise to everyone.

Unless it is confirmed by the club, I refuse to believe the odds, the rumors and any other shit posted on twitter.

Edit - I didn't know so many members of this forum were also a member of the club. They already seem to know that Moyes is the next manager.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
To be fair, Moyes experience trumps a hastily groomed 'United bred' manager at the moment. It would be disastrous if the likes of Ole, Scholes, or Giggs were to take the job and prove unworthy. You could say that Moyes will face a lot of pressure, having to fill Fergie's boots. That is undoubtedly true, however the pressure would actually be much bigger I think, for someone like Jose or Klopp, who would be expected to match if not surpass Fergie. The pressure would be even bigger for someone who served us under Fergie. In a sense, as an outsider from a lesser club, Moyes is a guy that can afford to fail, because nobody actually expects him to match Fergie. A few games dropped, a few poor performances, it would be within expectation. If he could put up a passing performance for a few seasons, using the pieces he's got? The old guard will begin to retire, and he'd start putting together his own team. That's where the real litmus test comes. If he's comfortable enough by then, he could become a Fergie 2.0 with the brand value and bank that United has. That remains to be seen.
This is what most fail to see,he is inheriting a strong squad that even you or I can see its one great midfield signing from being perfect and has a core that any clued up football man can use as a launch pad . The back four and forward positions are virtually sorted so its a matter of not rocking the boat ,tweaking here and there and then build the squad out of his own image as he gets established .
The other thing is Fergie has always known ,Moyes has always known and we ,whilst dreading this day ,have always known that Moyes was Fergie's preferred successor.
Whilst he is not my first choice I sort of understand the reasons behind ..........
Attracting big name players ,exactly how many big names have we attracted ? We should always go for the template that served us well over the past two decades : young ,hungry players that will grow with us.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
The one positive I will say is that Moyes has had some pretty strong central midfielders during his time at Everton (yes, AND Darron Gibson) so hopefully that's an area that he believes should be strong and hopefully he'll do what Fergie was clearly blind to and strengthen that area.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
David Moyes's European record with Everton:

2005/06:
Champions League qualifier (failed to qualify)
UEFA Cup - First round

2007/08:
UEFA Cup - Round of 16

2008/09:
UEFA Cup - First round

2009/10:
Europa League - Round of 32

Absolutely fucking shocking. :facepalm

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
David Moyes's European record with Everton:

2005/06:
Champions League qualifier (failed to qualify)
UEFA Cup - First round

2007/08:
UEFA Cup - Round of 16

2008/09:
UEFA Cup - First round

2009/10:
Europa League - Round of 32

Absolutely fucking shocking. :facepalm

It is the UEFA Cup, who really gives a shit. Look at Newcastle suffering because of it. Hasn't helped Liverpool's cause either. He has probably looked at it like the League Cup.

He has done well in the FA Cup and the league. Fergie will still be around for advice in the CL.

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
Absolutely gutted it's Moyes tbh.

This is Manchester United, and we can't get a better manager than Moyes? f**k that. No ambition from the board. Going to go the same way as Arsenal #money #money #money.

RVP and Berbatov?

Nani, Anderson, Valencia, DDG, Young...

We at least still spend money when necessary.

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
What's the point? Why not just hire a manager who knows what he's doing in all competitions in the first place, and doesn't have to rely on input from the previous manager??!

Any successful person will always say, they never stop learning. If the best is ready to give advice, you should listen...

·
Registered
937 Posts
What I find hilarious is that fucking Internet wise guy nerds think they know better than both Fergie and the board who is most suited for the job. Get over yourselves and start looking forward.

41 - 60 of 4911 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.