Manchester United Talk banner

DAVID SILVA ,,,as ronaldo replacement...

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  RedForceRising 
#1 ·
SCOUTED: DAVID SILVA

Spain's Euro 2008 quarter-final win over Italy might not linger in the memory but some of the men involved may be worth remembering.

Like David Silva, for example - a creative midfielder for Spain and the subject here of a scouting report by United supporter John Cho:

Player's name: David Silva

Position: Winger

Match Scouted: Spain v Italy

Strength: Quick feet, intelligent, sharp shooter

Availability: A product of Valencia's youth system, he might want to leave this summer for Champions League football. I'll be upset if this kid, like Torres, goes to Liverpool. I've kept saying this kid will be big. Now we have the proof.

Estimated cost: £15 - 20 million.

Key moment: The whole match against Italy. Torres and Villa were nowhere to be seen, but this kid tormented the Italian defence with his quick feet, clever passing, finding space, quick changes in direction, and some threatening long-distance shots. Although a winger, he sometimes appeared in the middle as a playmaker and also helped out in defence.

Suitability for United: Some people may say his physique is not right for English football, but after seeing him take stick from the Italian defence, he is likely to hold his own against Premier League defenders.

manutd.com

i think we've found the replacement for a player whose going to leave us... he's a winger and can play either in the left or right, just like mr. ronaldo! he's also been a great playmaker with a good eye on goal and a good finisher...

what do you think? if ronaldo leaves i think united should go after david silva....

See less See more
#4 ·

The Sun reports that Arsene Wenger has tagged the tricky 22-year-old to fill the void left by the almost certain departure of Aliaksandr Hleb, who is being heavily courted by Barcelona.

Combined with the Emmanuel Adebayor’s decidedly uncertain future at the Emirates, the Gunners could find themselves in desperate need of quality personnel in the final third.

Theo Walcott is likely to be pushed up front next season if Adebayor leaves, leaving such as the injury-prone Tomas Rosicky and the inexperienced Abou Diaby to fill the wide roles.

Marseille playmaker Samir Nasri is all but on his way to North London, but Wenger has also set his sights on Silva after watching his impressive display in Spain’s EURO 2008 quarterfinal against Italy.

“Arsene wasn’t just in Vienna to cheer on Cesc [Fabregas] — he was there to take a good look at Silva,” said an Arsenal insider.

“He is a player who would fit well in the Arsenal set-up, especially if Hleb goes.”

Wenger will face stern competition for the versatile attacker, however, as Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has reportedly made contact with his old club regarding Silva’s availability.

It is understood los Che are demanding ₤20million for the Seleccion star.

#6 ·
Er..... he didn' impress me at all against Italy, because there was no end-product.

It's like having a Ferarri which can't move.

He made nice penetrating runs, but his last ball was always poor and his shooting was RARELY on target. I haven't seen much of him, but I have seen a few times and i don't think I would rate him higher than Ashley Young.

Plus he looks like a Las Vegas singer.....definitely something's not quite right. he's got a bit of a Clay Aitken look ....

#8 ·
RedForceRising said:
Er..... he didn' impress me at all against Italy, because there was no end-product.

He made nice penetrating runs, but his last ball was always poor and his shooting was RARELY on target. I haven't seen much of him, but I have seen a few times and i don't think I would rate him higher than Ashley Young.

Plus he looks like a Las Vegas singer.....definitely something's not quite right. he's got a bit of a Clay Aitken look ....
i totally agree with you he has no end product. and i would be disappointed if we did sign him.

#9 ·
he is good but if ronaldo really wants to go.......sir alex will not find cr7 replacement immidiately....ronaldo cannot be replace by anyone.....he is a winger that beat george best record......even wesley sneijder cannot replace him.......david silva ha2x keep on dreaming.....he will definitely cannot replace ronaldo gifted talent........if ronaldo when to real madrid...than he is an icon of ungraceful player on the planet......after saf give him all the support he need....and all the knowledge about football....an even after 5 years being take care by saf and queiroz, he is leaving just like that.....ungraceful...ungraceful...............

#10 ·
marty davidson said:
i totally agree with you he has no end product. and i would be disappointed if we did sign him.

Yep, me too.

In comparison, how good was Andrey Arshavin?!

What a wonderful little player with great ball control AND end product. He also showed wonderful composure, unlike Silva. He kept his head in the important moments and made the right decision.

My fave player of the tournament so far along side David Villa and Arshavin missed the first two games of the group stage!

#13 ·
RedForceRising said:

what are you saying? He shoots very well and he had a big performance against Italy..What you say is like say that to be end product he must score every game.

Come on, he is young and he can play left right or belong a forward. He is a good signing.. nobody is better than Ronaldo

#15 ·
Van Nistelruffi said:
what are you saying? He shoots very well and he had a big performance against Italy..What you say is like say that to be end product he must score every game.

Come on, he is young and he can play left right or belong a forward. He is a good signing.. nobody is better than Ronaldo

He had a good game and was probably the liveliest player on the pitch, but his pass into the penalty box seldom reached their intended target and most of his shots were not on target. End product doesn't just mean goals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.