Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: The Sun

Chelsea and Manchester United were last night on red alert after Spanish ace David Villa revealed he is ready to quit Valencia.

Villa, rated at £20million, is one of the most feared strikers in Europe and has been targeted by both the Blues and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 26-year-old said: “As is only right, I need to think about my future and I am open to any solution.

“I will take into consideration all the offers that I am made, obviously with the blessing of the club where I am under contract.”

Villa – who is expected to be a key man for Spain at this summer’s Euro 2008 finals – has also been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona.

We have missed him out, it seems. What are your thoughts and personal assessment of him? Will he make our strike force complete and perfect? Will he fit the bill as the missing link to our unrivalled domination for another golden era? Shoot freely and uninhibitedly; it is only opinions and nobody can fault you.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Why not, trust me! I really believe he will excel at the Premiership as well as Fernando Torres did, or even better! He won't be another Fernando Morientes, that's for sure! ;) Everytime when I sees him play, he really amazed me tho.
Yeah, he doesn't possessed a powerful physique and golden touch of that like Wazza's, but he really offers something very different to our strikeforce. Such as excellent aerial prowess, clinical finishing ability, superb ball control, great technique, and last but not least, he can perform well with another forward like Rooney when paired with him. He can latches onto Rooney's dangerous through-passes sprayed forward into the opposition's penalty-box area & then finish with aplomb. Here we go 'El GuaJa', United are coming for ue.....!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Villa did nothing in the world cup he was very disapointing, cant see him as a united player myself, but i said that about Tevez.....and Henrik Larsson..... come to think of it i should just shup up lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Why not, trust me! I really believe he will excel at the Premiership as well as Fernando Torres did, or even better! He won't be another Fernando Morientes, that's for sure! ;) Everytime when I sees him play, he really amazed me tho.
Yeah, he doesn't possessed a powerful physique and golden touch of that like Wazza's, but he really offers something very different to our strikeforce. Such as excellent aerial prowess, clinical finishing ability, superb ball control, great technique, and last but not least, he can perform well with another forward like Rooney when paired with him. He can latches onto Rooney's dangerous through-passes sprayed forward into the opposition's penalty-box area & then finish with aplomb. Here we go 'El GuaJa', United are coming for ue.....!!
also tevez rooney and saha have his ability..we need a different type of player

It's sure that he is a class player but stop with these short striker. Only Ronaldo can score with a header while the other attacking men are weak in aerial game

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
David Villa isn't even considered short at all, check out the facts before ue starts posting away nonsense. And do ue actually think that both Rooney & Tevez possessed excellent aerial prowess & clinical finishing ability?? Yeah, certainly they do when they are doesn't perform any threats in the air & tends to miss sitters. ;) And last but not least, he could curl in a wicked free-kick straight at goal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i feel Villa is one of da best strikers in da world a would much prefer him to Fabiano or Huntelaar

he has speed...great shot.... and a good team work wid his strike partner!!!

Villa or Eto'o next season an i will be happy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think he would be a great addition to be fair, and if he turned out as another Torres then it would be great for us.
I don't think he will come however, think he will end up at the Spanish giants or Chelsea, but i think watching him he would be a great aquisition to our team.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
villa could proove usefull...to every team in this world...and i don't see why Man Utd could be an exception....but i realy doubt we will get him..cause Sir Alex will bring young Welbeck to the fist team more often from next season and the arrival of Manucho will make it complete....i realy don't see us spending on a striker in the summer..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This guy has speed and tremendous quality. Ive watched him a fair bit
in La Liga. Id have thought he was definitely up there or even better than
Torres in La Liga, and we all know how well Torres has adapted here.
He has what Torres has except for one potentially vital component,
which is Strength.

To adapt to the Prem you need to be able to fight
and hussle with the defenders and hold them off well.
This would be my only concern for Villa, although I do think he would
fit very well into our system and team.

With Benzema out of the picture for now, Ive always said I would like
one of Berba, Eto'o, Villa, Huntelaar or Quagliarella and Ill stick with that.
Saying that I still dont necesarily believe another striker is required.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Chelsea And Man Utd Linked With David Villa

Reports in the English tabloid press suggest that Barclays English Premier League big guns Chelsea and Manchester United are showing a keen interest in David Villa after the Valencia star striker made it clear he is willing to listen to offers for his services in the summer.

Villa has endured a tough season as part of a struggling Valencia side and at the age of twenty-six, is thought to be angling for a move to a side that can consistently challenge for honours as he enters the peak years of his career.

With Valencia in turmoil and with major changes expected in the summer, his statement yesterday seemed to indicate that he feels his future would be best served away from the Estadio Mestalla,

His comments have attracted interest from two of England biggest clubs, with both Chelsea and Manchester United expressing an interest in the striker if reports in 'The Sun' this morning are anything to go by.

The tabloid paper suggests that both clubs would be willing to pay up to €30million in order to take Villa to England - a figure that would be more than double what Valencia paid to sign him from Real Zaragoza in 2005.

Tottenham Hotspur had also previously been linked with a move for Villa, while Spanish giants Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are said to be keeping a close eye on El GuaJe, in view of potential moves at the end of the season.

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
red_devils4life said:
Chelsea and Manchester United were last night on red alert
after Spanish ace David Villa revealed he is ready to quit Valencia.
Villa, rated at £20million, is one of the most feared strikers in the whole of Europe
and has been targeted by both the Sky Blues and Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
The 26-year-old said: “As is only right, I need to think about my future and I am open to any solution.
“I will take into consideration all the offers that I am made, obviously with the blessing of the club where I am under contract.”
Villa – who is expected to be a key man for Spain at this summer’s Euro 2008 finals – has also been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Lol. We can't merge anymore, bro.:eek: :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Surely we have a chance of getting him i mean if we win the league or champions league then we must have an edge over for e.g. Liverpool.
I hope he comes i mean we barely have an out-and-out striker with Saha always injured therefore our main man is Welbeck so that leaves us with a real goalscorer!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
well,physically,im concerned about his adaptability to the Epl,but if we do sign him,i firmly believe he'll find a way to get around his troubles.He is one of the world most sought-out strikers and i would love it if we signed him

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wikipedia lists Villa as 5'9" or 1.75 meters. That is smaller that rooney. I havent seen him play much but he seems to be a great finisher... 49 goals in 91 games for valencia.

He's brilliant in fifa 08. :D

1 - 20 of 189 Posts