Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id let the young uns know how we used to get our semi and cup final tickets in the 60s and 70s .
Every home game on the back of the match proggrarme was a token now the first home match you would get a token sheet and the first token , once back home after game you would cut your token out and stick it to your sheet easy innit .

So if you had every token you had a great chance of a ticket United also used to throw in a resevere game with a valid token in the prog to try and boost the crowd watching the stiffs this was easly got round we would pay a m8 to go and he would buy say ten progs not even watch the game and drop them off :).

Now although it was a good thing it became flawed people were buying progs for guys who never went and just wanted the big games so say O/T held 47 thousand United were getting 70 thousand applicants and this caused a lot of upset , i myself was lucky to have always got mine but a good few loyal reds didnt .

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
got some old programmes with the tokens in. And prices with tickets on the day £4.50....£4 pound friggin 50.

gets you a half time dog meat pie and coke now

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got some old programmes with the tokens in. And prices with tickets on the day £4.50....£4 pound friggin 50.

gets you a half time dog meat pie and coke now
I think it was 1972 and i was paying 10p as a junior to stand on the Stretford end well i say stand me feet never touched the floor lol had to que for yonks though , the que would go right back round the ground along the united rd and near to the docks bridge , the coppers on horseback were swines to shove the que back they would walk the horses arse backwards into your face :eek::eek:

S

·
0 Posts
How did i miss this thread?:confused:

Cheers mate..another new thing i learn..btw do you have a pic of the token like?
Can't find a pic of the actual tokens but here's a picture of the front of the token sheets. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts