Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
MADRID, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Real Madrid's Spain midfielder Ruben de la Red
collapsed and was taken to hospital during their King's Cup last 32, first leg tie at Real Union on Thursday.

In the 13th minute, De la Red was running back to towards the halfway line
when, without anyone in close proximity, he suddenly fell face first on to the pitch and lay motionless.

Medical staff were quickly in attendance and he showed signs of movement as he was carried off on stretcher.

Spanish media reports said the 23-year-old had recovered consciousness after a
drop in blood pressure and had to be taken to a local hospital in Irun.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/european/news/LU126095.php

It seems as though he just fainted, well lets hope so and that he makes a full recovery.
Its terrible when you hear of this happening. There was Foe, Peurta, Feher and O'Donnell.

Found another list on Wiki of players who have died whilst playing. Scary stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_who_died_while_playing

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Dam!!!!
Hope he can recover and play again..... he was just making a name for himself at Madrid.

I wouldn't even look at that list Jazz.... that stuff freaks me out!
I remember when it happened Mark Vivien Foe like it was yesterday

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
damn. Hope he's alright. this is getting more and more frequent now infortunately. wonder why?

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeh he is ok now aint he..on goal.com said it was only low blood pressure but they gona keep a check on him just in case..that is scary stuff the amount of players that died! that stuff freaks me out aswell

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
You look at that list and can't help but notice the increase in deaths this decade. I'm not sure if it's because of the internet that such cases became more visible, but I certainly didn't hear about players collapsing or dying as often in the 80s and 90s :(

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
hope he recovers soon :(

not another Feo or Puerta please :(

if its a drop in blood pressure he might have not eaten the right meal and probably lacked mineral salts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
This is always sad and scary, and I'm not gonna read the list.

But hopefully we won't see anymore, and De la Red will recover, or they find out why he collapsed at the very least.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Yep hope he gets well soon.

I remember playing cricket and one of the opposition team mates got a ball on his head and even though he had a helmet on, he still collapsed, it kinda freaks you out when you see something like that, especially when you're playing, its hard to get your mind off. Must be terrible for de la red and the other guys on the pitch too must kinda get worried.

pz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts