Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While banter and good fun are ok, please refrain from interrupting the flow of the debate once it's gotten started.

This is a second round contest.

The Topic: Should Physical Education be a required course in schools?

Blade thinks so 100%, but Ritesh isn't keen on that idea.

Blade will start the debate.

Both people will have 3 days to prepare their debate, with Blade making his opening statements on or before Monday. Ritesh will then have 24 hours to post his opening. Blade will make his rebuttal against Ritesh's opening within 2 days time. Ritesh's rebuttal to Blade will come, again, within 24 hours. Closing remarks will be started by Blade within the next 24 hours, followed by Ritesh's no later than another 24 hours.

Judges will then give their winner shortly after

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
LMAO....

I actually laughed out loud. Versa, are you really anticipating a close tussle?

BTW< don't the participants have to be able to write in English in order to participate?

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
LMAO....

I actually laughed out loud. Versa, are you really anticipating a close tussle?

BTW< don't the participants have to be able to write in English in order to participate?
I am one of the judges. How else do you expect me to say?! *looking stern and impartial*

It is all even atm. :)

Btw it was David who killed the Goliath. :p

Z

·
0 Posts
versa said:
I am one of the judges. How else do you expect me to say?! *looking stern and impartial*

It is all even atm. :)

Btw it was David who killed the Goliath. :p
Goliath never had a ban stick.

Z

·
0 Posts
Now then, I suppose I should get this done before I forget again. Obviously I will be
arguing the case that Physical Education is a necessity in our schools today.

It's an indisputable fact that children are getting fatter these days as a lack of exercise
outside school. They're too busy playing on their Playstations and Xbox's to be worried
about running or swimming. What they don't realise is that the decisions they take today,
will impact their lives massively in the long run.

Children need Physical Education in the curriculum, not just for the physical benefit of a
good exercise, but they need the theory side of it too so that they can better understand
the human body and how to train it to be of benefit to us.

In my main piece I will show that the exertion of PE can make a student less likely to
violent attacks and misbehaviour. I will also outline the health benefits from such activities
and I will also talk about the mental benefits of physical exertion.

That'll do it for now, let's see what Ritesh has to say before I open up properly :)

·
23,699 Posts
Blade said:
That'll do it for now, let's see what Ritesh has to say before I open up properly :)
:confused:

So you are not done with the opening/presentation? Waiting to unleash the second part only later?! Or are you.... :eek:

Need to consult panel for such break and if it might amount to any infringment.

Z

·
0 Posts
versa said:
:confused:

So you are not done with the opening/presentation? Waiting to unleash the second part only later?! Or are you.... :eek:

Need to consult panel for such break and if it might amount to any infringment.
That is my opening, I can introduce new material in my rebuttal. Why would there be an infringement when I'm following the correct process? I just don't want to waste all my good ammo in my opening ;)

·
23,699 Posts
Blade said:
Fair enough then. Thanks for clearing up on that.

Ritesh may now like to unleash his opening....

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Nice opening Blade.:)

Physical education is fine for some people,
but others may have serious problem with it.

I'll like to wait for your main piece,
then I will discuss why physical education should be optional.

·
23,699 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
Nice opening Blade.:)

Physical education is fine for some people,
but others may have serious problem with it.

I'll like to wait for your main piece,
then I will discuss why physical education should be optional.
Huh?! :confused:

Can you do your opening on your stand since Blade has clarified that he has done his?

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
For my opening statement, I propose to show why physical education in schools should not be mandatory.

Teenagers With Health Problems -

While many teenagers in high school may enjoy running and participating in sports, others may not be able to do it as easily. Asthma and other ailments plague many of these teenagers.

As for the physical instructors or coaches they usually don't care if a student has asthma; most of the time they will tell you to suck it up and deal with it. It's rather difficult to suck it up when you can't breathe.

Why should teenagers have to suffer through physical education? Its pure torture for them. More than likely, these teenagers who are forced to participate in physical education will hate exercise all the more.

And once these teenagers are out of high school they will simply stop exercising, which can lead to problems down the road such as obesity or heart problems.

Instead Why not talking about educating the children regarding diet and exercise, and allowing each child to choose a physical activity of their choice to engage in for one hour a day?

Awaiting Blade:)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Did you really think you'd get away with it Ritesh? :rolleyes:

Theres no spelling/language mistakes and worded perfectly! :p lol

S

·
0 Posts
Keano! said:
Did you really think you'd get away with it Ritesh? :rolleyes:

Theres no spelling/language mistakes and worded perfectly! :p lol
Would be the first time he's ever managed one sentence that made sense as well.:D

Definatly a.....

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Well there is no clause on the debate competition rule about it, and I have right to do research on a topic given.
I also came across the line written by blade while doing the research.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
:rolleyes:

It was someone elses "debate" if you like then....YOU didn't write it...

All you did was highlight, ctrl+c....ctrl+v

Blade progresses for me....unless Blade agrees to restart on a different topic...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts