Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Fergie may have built 3 teams but he didnt re-build one of those after coming back from the brink of death and the wipeout of one of his teams to then go on to lift the European Cup 10 years on.

This dont mean I am saying either is greater. Money plays a bigger part now. There was no BIG 4.

A league win back then can in no way compare to a league win nowadays.

All managers should be looked on as the best of their time.
In terms of your lague win comparison it is harder for teams to win the league noe than it is before, unless your one of the big teams you have rety much no chance to win the league.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think it it near impossible to say that one of the two managers is better than the other when all factors are considered, but certainly Fergie would edge it on paper.

We owe Sir Matt a whole chunk of our history, but a decade from now, I think we'll appreciate that we owe Sir Alex an even bigger chunk.

As I have only known Manchester United under the management of Sir Alex, I will have to say that Sir Alex is the greater manager. What I know of Sir Matt is from DVDs and video clips, but I've been priviledged to have been provided with so many great football memories by Fergie.

As I've stated it is nearly impossible to compare the two, but to me personally, it't gotta be Fergie.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
both just as important , i think i have said it before sir matt layed the foundations on which sir alex buit and empire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cannot and would not try to establish whos(the greatest).They have both taken us to the next achievable level,and so it will continue.Would just like to say its time NOW for United to start thinking about a statue for Sir Alex,preferabaly up level and facing Sir Matt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
both of these men are the greatest british managers of all time. matt busby stared death in the face in 1958 and managed to more than just recover. he led us to europepean victory for the first time. the first time any english side had one it. that in itself is one of the most amazing feats i have herd of in any sport. what a legend.

and sir alex ferguson another legend. almost quarter of a century at united. to be in management for that long is a proud moment for anyone but not saf. 21 almost 22 years at the very top competing for the biggest honours year in year out and coming out on top more often than not.

who is better is too tight to call but we know they were/ are the best the british game has ever produced and probably will ever produce.

its men like these that make me proud to be a united man and a Scot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Personally, i cannot comment on Sir Matt. obviously i read about him & what he's achieved but i didn't see him in the flesh. Sir Alex in my eyes is the best ever manager in the world. He has given me the best memories in my life. he won trophies, he has made legends, & he's still got the hunger & passion. I am dreading the day when he retires.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts