Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deco has been named the Premier League's player of the month for August, with Gareth Southgate picking up the gong for top manager.

Portuguese playmaker Deco only joined Chelsea over the summer but he has settled into English football immediately.

He capped a superb debut performance against Portsmouth with a stunning-long range goal to make the finals score 4-0.

Deco then curled home a sublime free-kick as Chelsea beat Wigan 1-0, and set up Juliano Belletti's goal in the 1-1 draw against Tottenham.

Southgate has been rewarded for steering Middlesbrough to sixth in the league after three games of the season.

Boro have beaten Tottenham and Stoke at home, while they took the lead at Liverpool before eventually losing 2-1.

Southgate had never before been named manager of the month, but he was once given the accolade for player of the month.
Honour

He said: "I feel it's a great honour, not just for me, but for everybody at the football club.

"It's an honour I very much accept on behalf of myself and my staff because everything that we have achieved so far has been a team effort.

"I think the award is reward for the hard work everybody here put in during July to prepare for the new season.

"We have a really united club here and everybody has pulled together, and in that I include the players as well.

"There's a great atmosphere around the club at the moment and around the town, and long may it continue."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4136299,00.html

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well let him take it for this month as in future dont know if he will lol
Ronaldo will be back and having berba tevez Rooney and Manucho i dont think he will get another one this year though

Z

·
0 Posts
I didn't know Deco had played all that well.

Two goals and an assist is good but everything I've heard is that he's been anonymous apart from that.

Admittedly though I haven't watched any Chelsea games because they bore the hell out of me.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Blade said:
I didn't know Deco had played all that well.

Two goals and an assist is good but everything I've heard is that he's been anonymous apart from that.

Admittedly though I haven't watched any Chelsea games because they bore the hell out of me.
I watched Chelsea v Spurs game Blade........ Deco was nowhere to be seen, who ever picks these awards play safe and tend to pick the big boys alot! Its sad!!!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
I watched Chelsea v Spurs game Blade........ Deco was nowhere to be seen, who ever picks these awards play safe and tend to pick the big boys alot! Its sad!!!!!
I agreed with a lot of the awards last season but that's mainly because they didn't really have to pick a player because Ronaldo was making the award his own lol.

It's the same with World Player of the year though. How did Cannavaro ever get that award? :confused:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
err what? :confused: to the lads replying above me....

Deco has been a revelation. Not only his 2 fantastic goals but his performances
have been top notch in every game. Motm stuff.

So the awards were well deserved. Boro have been very good and were very
unlucky not to get a win or at least a draw at Anfield.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Southgate deserves it 100%. He found his first season hard but has started this one off brilliantly. I still back boro to go down though. Not to sure about Deco though. I agree with VaVaVoom. Zaki has been pure quality...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts