1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona midfielder Deco will join his Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari at
Chelsea, BBC Sport understands.

Reports in Portugal that Deco had met with Blues owner Roman Abramovich on
Thursday were denied by the player in Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

But Mike Sewell, BBC Five Live's man with the Portugal squad, said sources were
tipping him to move to Chelsea.

"They believe Deco will go with Scolari rather than join up with old boss Jose
Mourinho at Inter Milan," he said.

Barca confirmed recently that Deco was free to talk to other teams. Scolari takes
over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July after overseeing Portugal's Euro 2008
campaign.

The Brazil-born star joined Barcelona from Porto in 2004 after helping the
Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles
under Mourinho.

He won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the
team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered his season, and he made just 14
starts in Barcelona's La Liga campaign.

Sewell added that Deco had left the Portugal camp on Thursday after being
granted 24 hours' leave by Scolari.

"He flew to Barcelona to sort out a personal matter, believed to be the finalising
of his divorce," he said.

Source: BBC Sport

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, now that Barce have agreed to let him go, it will be either Inter or Chelski
that snap him up.

I could well see him joining up with Scolari........views?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hes past his best imo.

Still a very good player, but not as good as he once was.

Not sure how he'll do in the Prem either.

·
Registered
197 Posts
WOW! Why ain't I suprised? Fat chump just want's Ronny gone - It wont happen. Also Deco is quite old isn't he? I'm sure he will give Scholes some competition but we all know the Red Devil will come out on top. But I am not really that scared because some players don't perform in other leagues.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Chelsea Offer Drogba For Ronaldinho And Deco

Chelsea have offered Didier Drogba to Barcelona as a part of the deal to bring Ronaldinho and Deco to Stamford Bridge.

The two Barcelona stars are on Luiz Felipe Scolari's agenda, and Chelsea representatives travelled to Catalunya this morning in order to discuss the move.

Big Phil supposedly has a 120 million euro budget at his disposal, so paying for the duo should not be a problem. But with Didier Drogba set to leave, the Blues are trying to include him to keep some of their cash for other deals.

In particular, Chelsea are also interested in signing Samuel Eto'o or David Villa. Eto'o will be discussed today, but the purpose of this meeting is to reach an agreement over the two Brazil born players, who have been made available by Barcelona.

Chelsea have an offer of 30 million euros in addition to Didier Drogba, though Barcelona are expected to demand 50-55 million in a straight cash deal. They paid 40 for Ronaldinho in 2003, and 14 for Deco a year later (along with Ricardo Quaresma, rated at 7m).

Even if Barcelona are open to Didier Drogba, the African himself may pose a problem as he angles for a move to Milan or Inter.

"I have a contract with Chelsea until 2010, so I am still a Chelsea player," he told Sky Sports earlier today. "Mourinho is my friend and I am happy for him because he was missing coaching. He is a top coach but, like I said, my contract runs until 2010."

As such, the Blues have travelled well aware that they will need to put the money on the table if they want to wrap this up, particularly with Manchester City interested in Ronaldinho and Inter in Deco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts