Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aussie Beauchamp sees red after farcical dismissal

Socceroos defender Michael Beauchamp was sensationally sent off in a case of mistaken identity as his Danish side Aalborg pulled off a fine 0-0 draw away to Celtic in the Champions League this morning.

Beauchamp refused to leave the field for several minutes after he was dismissed, even though it was his team-mate Michael Jakobsen who had tripped Celtic's Georgios Samaras on the edge of the box.

Eventually Beauchamp went off but Aalborg keeper Karim Zaza pulled off a superb one-handed save from Shunsuke Nakamura's resulting free-kick and despite constant pressure the home side could not make their extra man advantage count and had to settle for a point.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan says his side now face a real challenge to qualify for the last 16 following this opening day draw.

==========================================================

Now now....talking about respect? I dont know how he can send off the wrong guy...Its shameful. So this shows that referees do mistake too so how is it the lovable FA seems to think that their referee is untouchable? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
well ok. he did a serious mistake and sent off the wrong guy. why dont uefa officials write him off their tables and allow Beauchamp play the next game?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
funnilly enough this is kind of a good thing for Aalborg, they wont have any players missing for their next game, this card will be recinded.

This happened a few years back in the prem, Melchiot and Hasslebank were involved, the ref just saw a black hand hitting some1 in the face.. the ref took a guess and sent one of them off,.. cant remember exactly what happened but it was funny cos it was Chelsea!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
lmao.

I seen the Celtic game, and this was seriously farcial for several reasons.

One is that the ref had a clear view. There was no obstructions.

Two is that one is tall with dark hair and the other is smallish with blonde hair.

And thirdly, everyone, including the player who should have been sent off, admitted it was him but the ref still didn't send him off.

Whats happened now is that the player who was sent off has been cleared, and the guy that should have been sent off has been given a 1 game ban.

Not sure whats happened to the ref, but I would have a guess at nothing.

Heres a vid. The incident is at about 4:00 mins
http://www.mysoccermedia.com/?module=video&video_id=1469&lang_id=1

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
mufcpavlos said:
well ok. he did a serious mistake and sent off the wrong guy. why dont uefa officials write him off their tables and allow Beauchamp play the next game?
he should be allowed to play the next game, but what about the player that
should have been sent off? Does it mean that they can both play?:confused:
which would be very unfair. This is an odd one alright.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
he should be allowed to play the next game, but what about the player that
should have been sent off? Does it mean that they can both play?:confused:
which would be very unfair. This is an odd one alright.
As I said in my post above ;);

manutd004 said:
Whats happened now is that the player who was sent off has been cleared, and the guy that should have been sent off has been given a 1 game ban.

Not sure whats happened to the ref, but I would have a guess at nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts