Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that our attacking abilties are limited - actually, more goal scoring abilties - when Berbatov does not play for us? We've missed him for the last two games, and both have ended in 0-0 draws. The last game he played , we won 5-0. Thing is that even though he might not score all of them, he certainly brings a greater threat and creativity when he's around....

WHat does everyone else think?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
all last season we missed berbatovs prescence -- funnily we scored hatfulls and won a double ? berbatov is not the messiah he is just a naughty boy who needs to put a shift in

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haggler said:
all last season we missed berbatovs prescence -- funnily we scored hatfulls and won a double ? berbatov is not the messiah he is just a naughty boy who needs to put a shift in

I agreee with that.

What I am suggesting is, over the course of THIS season, have we become slightly dependent on him..?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Sownak27 said:
I agreee with that.

What I am suggesting is, over the course of THIS season, have we become slightly dependent on him..?
fergie spent his budget on him and he has been played to get him gelled with others . he has not exactly set the world alight has he and he still does very little for other players . all that said he probably will be a good signing in the end . what puzzles me is tevez missing out and nani getting games

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
haggler said:
fergie spent his budget on him and he has been played to get him gelled with others . he has not exactly set the world alight has he and he still does very little for other players . all that said he probably will be a good signing in the end . what puzzles me is tevez missing out and nani getting games
Berbatov has added a lot to our team. Gives us another dimension, offers us some height, and a touch of composure, instead of Rooney and Tevez running around desperately and lunging in.

Tevez has had his chance, and he proved exactly why Berbatov starts ahead of him. Didn't you see his and Rooney's pathetic showing against Villa?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
Berbatov has added a lot to our team. Gives us another dimension, offers us some height, and a touch of composure, instead of Rooney and Tevez running around desperately and lunging in.

Tevez has had his chance, and he proved exactly why Berbatov starts ahead of him. Didn't you see his and Rooney's pathetic showing against Villa?
if you think that we were pathetic against villa and wayne and tevez were pathetic its a good job you hitched your wagon to united and not say a leeds or sheffield united then :eek:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
haggler said:
if you think that we were pathetic against villa and wayne and tevez were pathetic its a good job you hitched your wagon to united and not say a leeds or sheffield united then :eek:
Wtf? I didn't say we were pathetic against Villa, I said Rooney and Tevez were. It's blatant that we've missed Berbatov. Me defending him apparently means I don't support United...

:rolleyes:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
Wtf? I didn't say we were pathetic against Villa, I said Rooney and Tevez were. It's blatant that we've missed Berbatov. Me defending him apparently means I don't support United...

:rolleyes:
not at all i just suggest you expect wonder performances week in week out and football isnt like that never was never will be . how have we missed a player who has played so little ? i repeat berba was not in our side last year and i never saw as many negative posts about our team in 6 months as i have in 6 games recently . could it be he is a bit of a cancer infecting a club ? spurs fans all said great individual but poor team player -- teams win titles -- i am yet to be convinced as too his worth to us as a team ---- carlos had numerous great games for us last year but has been forced into second string by his arrival ----- lets see how season pans out before we all rush to heap praise on the moody one

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
haggler said:
lets see how season pans out before we all rush to heap praise on the moody one
Then maybe practice what you preach and wait more than a couple months before calling someone a "cancer"?

Just a thought.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
depedent is too strong a word imo. I do think we missed him against villa because it was a game where he could have made a different and imo i thought tevez was pretty poor in the game and berbatov would have offered us technique but also a presence against the big men of villa. Not saying the smaller lads cannot do it, because they destroyed them at OT last year, i just thought it was not working against villa and he could have made a difference.

As for the villarael game, i dont think we missed him much because i think the game was completely different. We only needed a point and were the away team against a big spanish team but they did not want to take ANY risks either and went out there so negative and got a draw and qualified to be fair but i dont think we missed him in this game. To be honest while the game was pretty poor, i thought we were the better team by far so i dont really think we missed him much.

But like i said, dependent is too strong a word, he has probably played 10 or so games for united and you dont become dependent on someone so quick and nor do i ever think we will be dependent on him.

This all being said, it would be nice to have him back in the team and doing his stuff!!

pz!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
piazza said:
Then maybe practice what you preach and wait more than a couple months before calling someone a "cancer"?

Just a thought.
i defend my right to be a steaming hypocrite to the death . when i lay into a player and slag them its because i know they all read my posts and it will only improve them . when others criticise our brave boys they are know nowt johhny come latelies who only come on to beast the boys . i usually single the weak players out for beasting so nobody spots the hypocrisy but i feel anderson is becoming fair game . the impish grin i once loved so much has lost its appeal and his hitting the corner flag routines been done to death now ;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
This isn't true, we have enough quality players in our squad to cope with a player out, and as someone stated already "didn't we win the PL and CL last year with Rooney and Tevez"
I cant put my finger on why Fergie didn't play Tevez form the start tonight, i mean isn't tonight the perfect time for him to prove his worth for the club??
Its a shame we Tevez didn't start, he really doesn't look happy IMO
Maybe he didn't fit into the formation with it been an away CL game but i still think its a shame he didn't get his chance!

Berba im sure will be vital this season but we should be more than able to cope without him.

·
23,699 Posts
We are not even into the halfway mark of the season and we attribute it to the absence of a new recruit, Berbatov, that we were not firing on all cylinders? Coincidence or convenience?

Thus far, he is not known to be a match winner or one who changes the complex of the game when the chips are down but one who is on song only when the team is on song.

Until proven otherwise, I think such statement may perhaps be a bit rich.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Because I'm DC said:

:eek: And I thought our best attacking game were when Rooney and Tevez were running around desperately and Ronaldo got the ball and tried his finishing skill.

And Berbatov have put up nice numbers on stat sheet but have he really made the Champions League team any better? Hm...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sownak27 said:
Does anyone think that our attacking abilties are limited - actually, more goal scoring abilties - when Berbatov does not play for us? We've missed him for the last two games, and both have ended in 0-0 draws. The last game he played , we won 5-0. Thing is that even though he might not score all of them, he certainly brings a greater threat and creativity when he's around....

WHat does everyone else think?
We should be more than able to cope without him. But as you all can see this season will be very tough. Yes , we won two leagues last season but many of the best teams have been very inconsistent. Just see the current form of our main opponents /Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Liverpool..../. I don't see us winning any of the leagues / especially with so many injuries /. So we need to change something in order to succeed. That's why I think we desperately need a new hero. Berbatov, Welbeck, Manucho ........
So , I fully agree with Sownak27. IMO we are not gonna win anything if we don't find out new hero :)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
dependent on berbatov??? sorry but i thought we were dependent on ronaldo. he scores we win, he dont score we dont win.

tough few games at minute and fans who dont understand this are gonna be screaming "WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!"

·
Registered
125 Posts
haggler said:
too true

1 - 20 of 32 Posts