Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've only one the premier league and the european cup, not bad ay. But our top scorer wants to live the dream and go to Madrid, a young british prodigy would rather go and play with a bunch of unsucessful foreigners, our top transfer target Karim Benzema says this country is his third choice behind spain and italy and that he doesnt even want to leave Lyon. It's weird imo because if someone had offerd me this after i was walking out of old trafford after the pmpey game in the cup for example i would have snapped your arm of for it, but i just feel a little flat at the minute, not about anything in particular just maybe feel some people are't respecting the club some many millions love, oh yeah and england aren't even in the euro's so it's looking pretty miserable for the time being, this sounds ridiculous really but the last couple of days it's been one bit of bad news after the next anyone got any views lads and lasses ? after all it's nothing a brand ew centre foward wouldnt solve ayy ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Derpressing? :eek: :rolleyes:
Crikey Drew, we are the European Champions ffs...enjoy it!!!:)
Its the summer, its sunny so women wear less, beer tastes better and
there is football on the tele. Just take a chill pill Winston and enjoy the
great summer ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i know mate, it sounds ridiculous like the thread says, but it's just like what more do we need to do, ronaldo should be thanking his lucky stars and not even thinking of anywhere else, aaron ramsey should be preparing to be wearing united colours and we should be closing in on a new striker, hmm maybe im just being over the top, who cares about ramsey, we've got ando so what about ronaldo nobody is bigger than united

i just hope we dont get lazy, i think i speak for most united fans ... i guess what im trying to say in ronnie, and the aaron ramsey saga has taken the shine off of what has been an immense season.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont think SAF will let the squad slack off. Any players who show a lack of hunger or desire will be shipped out, however I dont think there will be a problem as our current squad is young and hungry. Players like Rio, Roo and Hargreaves etc. are hungry for success. Nani and Anderson will be in their second season, manucho will arrive and im sure SAF will add some quality. Were the team to beat next year, domestic and european champions...nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
310 Posts
It has been a brilliant year but i know where your coming from.
I dont feel we are gettin the respect we deserve esspecially from those (DELETED -zuco-) in Madrid.
We are the best club in the world and every top player in the world should have an ambition to want to play at the theatre of dreams!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Totally understand where you're coming from

Hey Drew, I'm glad you put up this post, because I've been feeling deflated of late too.

What is important is that this thread becomes a channel to boost the spirits of those who are feeling a bit flat at the moment. This thread should NOT become a downward spiral.

Ronaldo wanting to leave after he has just won the league and champions league is hugely annoying and the protracted, conniving manner of Madrid's overtures is very irritating, but we have so much to look forward to.

Forget Ramsey. As I've stated before, I was much more gutted at missing out on Gareth Bale. Ramsey may or may not turn out to a great player, but we should be glad he didn't come to us, if he didn't really want to play for United.

Also there are lessons to be learned from the failed transfer and I think the club will conduct themselves differently in future when trying to lure young talent.

There are so many things to look forward to next season. Check out my thread non this
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/man-utd-chat/11545-united-silverware-thread.html?highlight=silverware

• I am really eager to see how Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and Tevez play like in their second season, especially Nani and Anderson.
  • Manucho - from the one single match I saw in the ACN and multiple video clips on YouTube, I have allowed myself to get a little bit excited and it will be great to finally see him wearing a man utd jersey.
  • Danny Simpson Jonny Evans, Frazier Campbell and Danny Wellbeck - will Fergie give them chances to break through the ranks and will they take their chances? Canny Jonny keep his hands of the girls?
  • The guys with the turbans, who sit near the dug-out at Old Trafford, will they still be there next season and will the TV cameras show them more often?
  • MUTV presenter Hayley McQueen - will she reveal even more? ;)
  • Summer signings - OK this looks a bit bleak, but do we need Ramsey right now? No. I don't think he can be better than Anderson. Also, our dream target Benzema doesn't want to come to England. That's sad, but a reality of life. I still await any transfer gossip with baited breath.
  • If Ronaldo stays, how will the fans and his team mates react/ If he leaves who are the top player we can buy for that money?
  • Hargreaves - What is his best position?
  • Neville - will he be the great right-back we know him to be, or will we see the slow decline of a star?
  • Central Midfield - will Fergie have a midfield orgy where all the CMs will have to be able to gel with any given partner or will we see the emergence of a definitive duo? If so, will it be Anderson/Carrick or Anderson/Hargreaves or Hargreaves/Carrick?
So Drew, don't be sad, deflated or even depressed. there's a lot of stuff to look forward to and screw Benzema and Ronaldo. Especially Ronaldo - what an ungrateful money-chaser.

The way he has conducted himself, really makes a fool of Man Utd and the fans. It might even be better if we sell him and then make some major signings.

Great players come, great players go and Man Utd has a lot of great players even without Ramsey, Benzema or Ronaldo. This club will carry on being great, playing great football and producing great players for great moments and that's a lot to be upbeat about!

Cheers!

GLORY, GLORY MAN UNITED!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
god post red, yeah i agree theres more too look forward to than to be depressed about, it just angers me that the ronnie etc are taking the lime light instead of the successful team .. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can't be depressed - this team just won the EPL and the CL, and it's only going to get better! The only thing I'm ****ed about is how Ronaldo has simply turned all the focus on himself with this transfer nonsense - we should be celebrating our achievements as a club right now, and instead we're fending off questions, tabloids, rumors, etc.

In terms of what we need - yes, it may be a bit disappointing that there's been no moves, but remember, we don't really need that much. A forward so that Rooney can return to his greatest position on the pitch, possibly a backup at LB if Silvestre goes to Bordeaux, and maybe 1 winger. Ronaldo's potential departure would obviously change things a bit, but would also mean money would be no object, so the team will end up as good.

Finally, remember how quietly the Anderson transfer was sprung on us. There were Nani rumors, but Andershow was completely out of the blue.

I'm not worried.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
to be honest i can completly see where your coming from. when a team wins what we have you expect every player in the world dreaming to play for that club but in todays football and the money involved thats not how it is. i personally think ronaldo will stay, not agreeing with how his going about it but im 90% sure his staying and will announce he wants to publicly.

and about the summer signings that are not there. remember the euros are on. its not good business to do deals when such a massive sporting event is taking place and involving star players across europe. ramsey is an idiot for his choice but o well its just some kid from cardiff, aint exactly gonna be the biggest transfer of the summer. players are gonna come players are gonna go. wait for late july early aug and just sit back and enjoy the euros....if you can without england lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
balls to ronaldo, balls to real madrid and balls to...whatever else. its bin a great summer. the flowers are bloomin (girls wearin less ;) ) we get the odd day of sun. and were double champions.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wouldnt particularly worry about getting new players, we've proved we've got the best squad but it appears some players just aren't committed, i'd love to see Arshavin to replace the want away Cristiano Ronaldo, i'd love to see a strong quick centre forward that can finish the countless chances pay off in goals, i also want to see Carlos Tevez to be signed up so he is our man, and not to risk losing him to any other club ... lets hope the great man Sir Alex can get back from his holidays sharpish and do some serious business to brighten up this summer, and cheer us reds up :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I can actually see where your coming from.

Last summer we had signed Nani and Anderson by this time and everything was good.

Its great that we've won the double, and the Euros have been great (Would be better if Scotland were there, mind you ;))

But the lack of respect from Ronaldo has soured the season and the summer somewhat.

I'm not too bothered about Ramsey. I don't think hes as good as people say, and we don't need another midfielder.

We have ANDERSON and Arsenal have Ramsey. :p

But I'm not worried about the signings too much. We will sign a player or two, and then we'll laugh that we ever felt so quite deflated! :p

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Listen to Dr RD. This is a common summer time malaise. Some think it is caused by the onset of Wimbledon Wobblies, a common complaint which usually affects those of a nervous disposition who make bets on not who is going to win, but how far a Brit will manage to go.

Mixed in with this is the Testaches, affects those used to a 90 minute 100MPH game and cannot sit stilll long enough to watch a game that lasts 5 days.

When the moon is in the seventh high, in the 7th month of the year, these complaints begin to dissipate as the "Friendly Fever" takes hold and kills the Boring Bugs.

Come the 8th month of the year, in the starsign of Leo and Virgo, the previously mentioned maladies do a quick one and CAnWeDoItAgain sickness takes over.

Yes folks, its one long long disease and affliction after another ...................

·
23,699 Posts
As of today, there is really nothing to shout about....

We have only signed a young Italian that is touted as the next Totti but who knows and is it straight to Academy or Reserves anyway?

Then Ronaldo started his circus tricks and still juggling with the feelings of his adoring fans....

And Anderson got injured. By the way, what is the latest? Strange that I did not come across any update or seen any post about it, probably also due to some disruption by last weekend's you-know-what. Thought he had a more detailed examination? Diagnosis and outcome?

Caught a glimpse of some member mentioning about Manucho coming in four days' time. But has he gotten the much needed work permit to play in England in the first place? Anybody?

Euro 08 is at its tail end. Still no credible name so far, let alone names, that has been heard more frequent than usual to at least work our imagination just a wee bit....

Some superstar footballer teasing frivolously and quite unnecessarily about playing for United as a dream but of course we all know it is just hot air....

And some just flatly said no, thank you very much or not in so many words....

Then read that Rooney was furious with Ferdinand for not turning up for his wedding without even bothering to explain or apologise.....

Rooney caught smoking in honeymoon that will probably irk Ferguson, already at his wits' end on what and how to deal with Ronaldo...

So anybody has something uplifting to share?

·
23,699 Posts
Drew9 said:
versa when you out it like that the thread looks to be justified doesn't it
They are facts as of now in this pre-season; need no justification.

The joy of the Double cannot last forever. The same euphoria just can't be felt today, isn't it? We are looking at next season now. And I am sure Fergie must have been thinking long and hard in his 3-week holidays in Southern France too...

Anybody knows the extent of Anderson's injury or whether Manucho has finally gotten his work permit?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts