Carling Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg
Pride Park
January 7th 2009
19:45 (GMT)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Live, on Sky Sports HD1!

Should be a good game, I'm calling a 1-3 win for United. Looking forward to it though. Good luck to everyone travelling down to the game, wrap up warm! :D

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
gutted i couldn't make this one. always the less glamorous games that make the best aways, this should be quality with so many reds down.

i see a similar blend of youth/experience to sunday, and a similar win.

is foster recovered yet?

----foster(pig if he's injured)--
rafael--evans---vidic----o shea-
park---possebon--giggs--nani
------WELBECK--rooney----

3-0-welbeck, rooney x2

no manucho in the squad?
if he isn't injured, then he'll be out of old trafford as soon as someone comes in for him. im surprised he hasn't been sent out on loan already, with rumours of west brom being in for him

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manchester United will welcome back Carlos Tevez after his New Year trip to Argentina, despite conflicting reports about his contract negotiations.

Tomasz Kuszczak, Rodrigo Possebon and Darron Gibson are set to be included.

United have not conceded a goal in their last four games and defender John O'Shea has called on them to keep another clean sheet to help them progress to the final.

"Keeping a clean sheet is always positive," said O'Shea. "That's the base for winning leagues and doing so well in cup competitions.

"If the defence keeps clean sheets, then nine times out of 10 it will result in a win for us because of the attacking talent we have."

Manchester United (from): Kuszczak, Foster, Amos, Neville, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Nani, Ronaldo, Anderson, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Possebon, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Welbeck.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
-----------------------------Foster---------------------------

--Rafael----------Vidic---------------Evans-----------O'Shea--

--Nani------------Fletcher----------Anderson---------Giggs--

----------------------Tevez----------Welbeck--------------

Subs: Foster, Neville, Carrick, Possebon, Gibson, Rooney, Berbatov

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
i think the team will be:
- - - - - VDS - - - - - -
Raf - Evans - Vidic - O'Shea
Ron - Anderson - Fletcher - Park
- - - Rooney - Tevez

If rooney is on the bench again i will cry, he made such an impact coming on against southampton :)

EDIT: score 4-0 i hope

·
Registered
736 Posts
---------------------------vds-----------------------

neville---------vida--------------evans-----o'shea

nani----------anderson----------fletcher------giggs

------------------tevez-----------wellbeck-----------

Tevez to score the first blood...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Fergie to hand Fabio da Silva Man Utd debut
07.01.09 | tribalfootball.com
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to give a debut to Fabio da Silva in tonight's Carling Cup semi against Derby.

Fabio, the 19-year-old twin of new first-choice right back Rafael, may get a chance tonight after missing much of the season through Injury.

Ferguson said: "I am awaiting his return with great interest because Rafael has made a tremendous impact.

"They are identical twins - I can't tell them apart, expect that one is married and wears a ring! It will be exciting to find out if their football ability is identical. There is every chance that it is because Fabio captained Brazil at each youth level."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fergie-hand-fabio-da-silva-man-utd-debut-220673

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jerrakos said:
Fergie to hand Fabio da Silva Man Utd debut
07.01.09 | tribalfootball.com
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to give a debut to Fabio da Silva in tonight's Carling Cup semi against Derby.

Fabio, the 19-year-old twin of new first-choice right back Rafael, may get a chance tonight after missing much of the season through Injury.

Ferguson said: "I am awaiting his return with great interest because Rafael has made a tremendous impact.

"They are identical twins - I can't tell them apart, expect that one is married and wears a ring! It will be exciting to find out if their football ability is identical. There is every chance that it is because Fabio captained Brazil at each youth level."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fergie-hand-fabio-da-silva-man-utd-debut-220673
There's nothing about handing him his debut in those quotes. Just the usual tribal******.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
lol exactly zuco - Fabio's not even in the squad that Salford Red mentioned.

--Gibson------------Fletcher----------Possebon---------Nani--

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
lol exactly zuco - Fabio's not even in the squad that Salford Red mentioned.

--Gibson------------Fletcher----------Possebon---------Nani--

Would love to see this team start especially Foster.

Does anybody remember that Ben Foster single-handedly kept us in the match against Derby away last season?

Anyway, would also like to see Manucho on the subs bench.

Subs:
Kuszczak, Neville, Fabio, Scholes, Giggs, Manucho, Berbatov

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Red Devil said:
Rubber or plastic and what size? Fergie needs to know so he can pick the team ;)
haha love it

but to the game i can see us winning 1-4 with tevez and welbeck getting 2 each and setting us up perfectly for leg 2 at OT :D

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I want to see fabio get a game....SAF might save him for the return leg at OT though :(

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I cant see him playing Wellbeck twice in a week so I think Manucho may get a run out .

The reason I dont think Wellbeck will start is because Fergie said Wellbeck was still young and weakens during a game so I think he will be rested .

--------------------------------- P.I.G----------------------------------------------------------------

------- Rafael-------------Vidic-------------- Evans------------------------------ O'Shea--------

------------------------------ Possebon----------- Fletcher---------------------------------------

---- Gibson------------------------------------------------------------------------------Nani-------

----------------------------------Teves-------------------Manucho--------------------------------

1 - 20 of 264 Posts