Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Ham are ready to cash in on Dean Ashton in the January transfer window.

The 24-year-old striker is out injured but is known to be a target for several Premier League clubs.

The Hammers are desperate to raise funds following the cash crisis being suffered by their Icelandic owners and an impending legal battle with Sheffield United over the Carlos Tevez affair.

The striker only signed a new five-year contract in June but his poor injury record – which saw him sprain an ankle in boss Gianfranco Zola’s first training session at the club – has tested the patience of the club’s hierarchy.

Spurs had a £15million offer for Ashton turned down in the summer, with the Hammers wanting £18m.

Other players who the Hammers are prepared to offload include Nigel Quashie, Lee Bowyer, Luis Boa Morte, Calum Davenport, Danny Gabbidon and Jonathan Spector.

West Ham yesterday announced a new shirt sponsorship deal with online bookmakers SBOBET.

The bookies, who signed a “lucrative deal” that will run until the end of next season, take over from collaped holiday giant XL.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/04/west-ham-are-ready-to-sell-striker-dean-ashton-and-six-others-in-january-115875-20944152/

What do you say about this Abo?:D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
stubie123 said:
Not really set the world alight has he?
Not really but he's had his moments. He scored an outstanding overhead kick at Old Trafford last season and he also single-handedly kept Crewe up before moving to Norwich City.

I doubt any of the big 4 would be interested in him though.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Ashton = injurys and I think its to do with his weight its a fact if a player is constantly fighting to keep the weight off he is taking his mind off other things . I read a artical on him ages ago he was doing a interview and he was asked what his fav food was and his answer was dominos pizza . What pro footballer admits his fav food is pizza when he is clearly carrying to much weight on top . Other than that when fully fit and playing regular he is a force but not for united I dont think not that good.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Someone please close this thread before abo suggests we sign Ashton :rolleyes: :p

He has had his moments as reddwarf has said, but hes too injury prone and tbh hes not good enough for a top 4 club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts