Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferguson lining up £35m swoop

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is confident of a breakthrough in his £35million summer pursuit of Fernando Torres and Mahamadou Diarra. Along with Tottenham's Michael Carrick - secured after a deal worth up to £18millon - Athletico Madrid striker Torres and Lyon Midfielder Diarra have been his prime transfer targets for the new season.

In both cases Ferguson refused to meet the £25million price tag Athletico and Lyon have asked for their star players. But as the August 31 transfer deadline draws near it is believed the clubs will cut their asking prices. That news has stimulated interest from United and at least one - if not both players - could be arriving at Old Trafford this month in deals worth about £35million.

Despite publicly stating that he is happy to go into the new season with the strikers he has got after Ruud Van Nistelrooy's £10million departure to Real Madrid, Ferguson has been working furiously to bring a top hitman to the club. They have been linked with Inter Milan's Brazilian star Adriano but the Spanish international Torres is Sir Alex's number one target.
It is thought Lyon have reluctantly decided there is no point in keeping Malian international Diarra, who wants to play in the Premiership.

Copyright: Sunday Express

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really hope that SAF is planning something big for MU. His public commentary on the team's ability especially Saha's 25 goals a season potential could well be the statement to lower the selling club's asking price. Could it be Torres? Aulas will not lower his valuation for Diarra. Tevez will be great as well.

Senna + Torres can do the job for us considering the budget we have.

Where's RVN's replacement?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Manchester United target Mahamadou Diarra has made his intentions clear as to where he will be playing his football next season. The sought-after 25-year-old midfielder has been a long-term target of Sir Alex Ferguson but it is Real Madrid who are very much the subject of his affections. Diarra has stated his utmost desire to move to the Bernabeu, urging his current paymasters to lower their demands as he strives for a switch to the Spanish capital.

French champions Lyon are currently holding out for €35 million (£23.7 million) but with Real having already been busy in the transfer market an accord is far from being struck. "I can’t wait anymore,'' he told L'Equipe. "On Monday, Real Madrid told Lyon they wanted a meeting to discuss my transfer. "The result is Lyon turned a deaf ear. Then, they said if Real want a rendezvous, there is just one solution, come with a €35 million cheque.

"Do you realise, €35 million!? I finally had a phone call with chairman Jean-Michel Aulas. I told him my desire to join Real. Obviously he didn’t hear me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts