Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PORTSMOUTH have agreed a whopping £24million deal to sell Lassana Diarra to Real Madrid.

The French midfielder, 23, will join the Spanish giants next month.

Bernabeu boss Juande Ramos said: “The big players are already in the Champions League and cannot be signed.

“But Diarra is a player I know well and I would like a player like him here.â€

Diarra has been out for a month with an ankle injury but is close to recovery and returned to England after having treatment in his homeland at the weekend.

He will become the first big-name star out of the door at Fratton now Pompey are out of Europe and with owner Alexandre Gaydmak desperately trying to sell up.

Manchester City and Tottenham were also interested but Spurs have been priced out of the hunt. Diarra is keen to move to Spain anyway.

Diarra cost Pompey just £5.5m when he signed from Arsenal in January and has since emerged as key figure in the team.

TheSun

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Real are going crazy, how many players are they after now. I thought they have a quality player by the name of Diarra already who plays in the same role as Pompeys Diarra. I often wondered why Wenger left him go...... i think Wenger got Diarra on a free and i said to myself you lucky buggers. But then he wasn't happy over not starting enough so he jumps ship over to Pompey. He did well there to be fair.

Bought for £5.5 and maybe selling for £24 mil.....

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
This one hurts me a little as he was a player I was kind of wishing united would take a look at .

He has great ball control and a great engine would of been a great player for us !

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Pompey accept Diarra bid

Portsmouth have confirmed they have accepted a bid from Real Madrid for Lassana Diarra.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier this week, Real made a move for Diarra as new boss Juande Ramos looks to bolster his squad in the transfer window.

Portsmouth have now accepted an undisclosed fee for the talented Frenchman and Diarra has been given permission to talk to the Spanish giants.

"We have always said that we would only allow our players to leave if we received an exceptional bid," a Portsmouth spokesman told the club's official website.

"We could not stand in the way of a move such as this for Lassana.

"It shows how far the club has come under the ownership of Alexandre Gaydamak when Real Madrid come in for one of our players.

"Should the deal be completed, the club has already identified possible replacements."

Diarra is now set to travel to the Spanish capital to hold talks and undergo a medical ahead of a move to El Santiago Bernabeu when the transfer window reopens in January.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4657156,00.html

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I was a bit surprised that Pompey would let him move in Jan until I read somewhere that the total value of the transfer could reach £24m! :eek:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think Real is just buying people for the sake of buying people.

Once Diarra (Mahamadou) gets back, Lassana won't get a game.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I believe Mahamadou Diarra will be sold in the summer. Diarra was bought to fit in coach Capello's two man-defensive midfielder system. Now Diarra sees his third manager and even of Diarra was highly rated at Lyon and did fairly well for Capello his career in Real is counted.

Maybe Ferguson will look for him. He was interested in Diarra before he moved to Spain.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Why have they bought him? Confuses me, I know Diarra (Mahamoud) is out but they are similar players and M.Diarra is better. 24 million if hefty !! H'es not been great when he's been at big clubs previously, decent player though. M.Diarra must be annoyed he will have to have M.Diarra instead of Diarra know :p

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I expect Defoe will leave Pompey too, so I'm a little concerned for them. However, this is clearly a desperate move from Real Madrid. They have some sort of tendancy to over-react to an injury, hence the signings of Huntelaar and now Diarra.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Why have they bought him? Confuses me, I know Diarra (Mahamoud) is out but they are similar players and M.Diarra is better. 24 million if hefty !! H'es not been great when he's been at big clubs previously, decent player though. M.Diarra must be annoyed he will have to have M.Diarra instead of Diarra know :p
The problems never ends for M Diarra...injury and now he have to make changes on his shirt too.:eek: Life can be cruel for some of us.:rolleyes:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
i've said for a while I'd like him at united, he just relentlessly wins the ball in midfield and drives forward with it

he will do well at Madrid, similar to how makalele did there

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
When I read the headline on teletext "Pompey accept Diarra bid" I expected to see Tottenham, Man City or someone like that.

I never expected it to be Real in a million years. I know hes a good player, but I don't think hes good enough to play for Real, and hes certainly not worth £24m.

It would be great if we could make a move for the other Diarra, but I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Ramos seems to be (or at least trying to) snapping up these middle of the table guys that he probably wanted to snap up at Tottenham, does he not realize that he has enough money to buy world class players now?

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Am sure Portsmouth are like they got £24 million for a player they bought for like 6 or 7 million i think there will be many more Portsmouth players leaving aswell

1 - 20 of 21 Posts