Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A MYSTERY Brazilian scout has dragged Arsenal into a tapping-up storm.

Manchester United’s Brazilian twin full-backs Rafael and Fabio da Silva revealed they were approached by a man claiming to represent the Gunners.

Even though they were only 15 at the time, he asked them to betray their Brazilian club Fluminense, who had already agreed to let the brothers move to Old Trafford.

Rafael, now 18, said: “We were not too happy with the way he approached us.

"The scout said he was from Arsenal and invited us to come and train.

"At that time we had already been to see Manchester United and train once with our club’s permission.

“But this man wanted to take us to England and say nothing to Fluminense.

“We disagreed with that principle. Fluminense was where we started, we had been there for years and they looked after us.”

Fabio revealed it was their mother who intervened and made sure her sons did everything by the book.

He said: “It was upsetting. We could have signed there and then and taken all the money and Fluminense would have got nothing.

“But our mother said ‘No, Fluminense have been good to you. You went there when you were 11. I want you to do everything right’.

“So we said we would sign for Manchester as it would be the best thing for us and Fluminense. So we signed and ignored the man pushing Arsenal.”

There is absolutely no suggestion the mystery scout was connected with Arsenal or had been instructed by them to approach the brothers.

Sauce

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Not surprised...in footballing world, it happens not only from arsenal but i bet from everywhere else too, its us who didnt know. I would love to have their mum as my mom in law, because of her they are both here in united. :p

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
makes sense arsenal had tabs on them. they have a top scouting network like ourselves and its impossible to keep talents like the da silva boys under wraps.

good to thing we have them now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
“But this man wanted to take us to England and say nothing to Fluminense.

That sounds a bit worrying to me :mellow:

Doesn't sound to me like this man was a scout.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, it does say at the end that there is no suggestion that he is from Arsenal in the first place, so this could really be a load of rubbish, or slightly worrying as StL said.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
wouldn't be surprised if it was true to be honest, Just look at how arsenal has completed signings of countless u-18s with little or no compensation fees.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts