Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rooney £23m - Berba £30.75m - Tevez on loan

B4 Berba arrived Tevez was seen by many as playing the best in the early season matches.

Along comes Berba and Tevez is dropped.

Would Berba have taken Tevez's place if he was here on loan and Tevez had cost £30m.

no

Berba would have started from the bench and been eased into the team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
My opinion is that he doesn't deserve to be on the bench. But the other option is to put Berbatov there. If we decide to buy Tevez it will cost us not less that 30m. So they have similar price tag. How can you spend 30m and put them on the bench. The problem is that we have many excellent players and nobody deserves to be out. But we can't play with more that 11 players. I think Sir Alex will not buy Tevez.

And about Rooney -23M - Now his price is much higher
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
I don't think it's about price.

Berbatov has started to make some telling contributions and Wayne has benefited from it, so why break up the pair?

Berba is proving to be a great outlet up front, because the other players can pass the ball to hinm even when he's surrounded by opponents. He can still keep possesion and bring others into play and Rooney looks very happy to play with him.

How do you drop Rooney on current form? You simply can't.

So of the 3, tevez has had the least impact in terms of end product thus far this season.

I'm sure that Tevez will start whenever Berba or Rooney go through a dip in form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
the simple fact is that berba and rooney are playing aswell as tevez but the difference is that berba and rooney are bagging in the goals and that is what tevez was trying last night to score
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
its not about money.
the problem is with berba, rooney is playing exceptionally well and also berba imo is also doing great.
no way is fergie goin to drop them when both of them are in such form.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
i agree it's about his price...now when he's scored a couple of goals i think that he will be rested and tevez will be brought in...because fergie was eager to prove not only to the fans but to his teammates that he's worth the money...even he said after the game that the teammates are starting to realise why we paid such amount for him...
imagine if he'd been benched - that would have meant that he was brought to be a sub...a 30 million pounds sub - now when he's settled he will be rotated i think
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I don't think it's about price.

Berbatov has started to make some telling contributions and Wayne has benefited from it, so why break up the pair?

Berba is proving to be a great outlet up front, because the other players can pass the ball to hinm even when he's surrounded by opponents. He can still keep possesion and bring others into play and Rooney looks very happy to play with him.

How do you drop Rooney on current form? You simply can't.

So of the 3, tevez has had the least impact in terms of end product thus far this season.

I'm sure that Tevez will start whenever Berba or Rooney go through a dip in form.
true - tevez has had the least impact - but while he was making the most impact he was put on the bench in order to make way for roo - berba combo which was yet to prove it was worth it - while rooney and berbatov were still finding their feet -
people are forgetting that tevez was the one who was put on the bench despite the fact that he had won a few motm perfomance before berba arrived

that was what i was saying all along - why breaking the best striking duo on the island ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
Simple answer to this whole problem

Yorke: Buy Cole: Buy Sheringham: Buy Ole: Buy = Answer Treble

Present:

Rooney: Buy Berba: Buy Tevez: Loan

I say bring in another :D
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
It amazes me that people still question the decisions of the manager despite him proving
himself to be right time and time again. Roooney and berbatov are the best strike pairing
in the Premiership at the moment, possible even Europe. Why someone would want to
break that up is beyond me.

True, Tevez was our man of the match in the first few games of the season but we
don't see what goes on behind the scenes in training sessions and Fergie must have
seen a bond developing between Rooney and berbatov or he wouldn't have kept his
faith in them.

He is the master of keeping a squad of this depth happy and I'm sure Tevez will get
plenty of chances this season. it's a long season with many games and Rooney/Berbatov
can't play them all. Tactics will also play a part. We won't always need a target man,
with some teams you need players who can harrass the defenders and tire them like
Tevez does.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Blade said:
It amazes me that people still question the decisions of the manager despite him proving
himself to be right time and time again. Roooney and berbatov are the best strike pairing
in the Premiership at the moment, possible even Europe. Why someone would want to
break that up is beyond me.

True, Tevez was our man of the match in the first few games of the season but we
don't see what goes on behind the scenes in training sessions and Fergie must have
seen a bond developing between Rooney and berbatov or he wouldn't have kept his
faith in them.

He is the master of keeping a squad of this depth happy and I'm sure Tevez will get
plenty of chances this season. it's a long season with many games and Rooney/Berbatov
can't play them all. Tactics will also play a part. We won't always need a target man,
with some teams you need players who can harrass the defenders and tire them like
Tevez does.
that might be true had berba joined in the beginning of the summer, but the fact is that he joined while epl had already started and that he was put straight in the team with only 1-2 trainings with the team.and that is far too little time to prove anything. in fact - the first few matches proved that tevez was the man in form while those 2 were out of every form, that's why i think rooney was dropped and tevez was droped but berbatov was left to prove smoething. and now when he's done it - he will be rotated imo
as for the best striking partners in europe - are you forgetting that was told about roo-tev last season...especially after boro games
cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
Is it that hard to understand???
Football is about systems-- Fergie wanted Berba to play alongside Rooney even before we got Tevez on loan. He has been tracking Berba a long time.
In Fergies mind Rooney and Berba will be the best partnership in the world!
So Fergie has his dream pairing and it's looking like its already pulling together.... Rooney didn't score till Berba came on the scene. Now they both have 5 goals.

Dont Get me wrong Tevez is a super player but he aint no Rooney when Rooney hits this form, and Berba is a different player so dropping Berba for Tevez wont happen too much this season.
Rooney will be dropped for Tevez
Berbatov dropped and Giggs or Ronaldo played in his position.

Point is that who ever said Berba won't score 25+ goals a season is way off the mark.
Him and Rooney are a dream to watch..... the both of them have to play together.
They can rule the world
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
CROoney said:
that might be true had berba joined in the beginning of the summer, but the fact is that he joined while epl had already started and that he was put straight in the team with only 1-2 trainings with the team.and that is far too little time to prove anything. in fact - the first few matches proved that tevez was the man in form while those 2 were out of every form, that's why i think rooney was dropped and tevez was droped but berbatov was left to prove smoething. and now when he's done it - he will be rotated imo
as for the best striking partners in europe - are you forgetting that was told about roo-tev last season...especially after boro games
cheers
Obviously not. They've both scored goals in our last four games, does that not tell
you that Fergie was right to put his faith in them?

I know exactly what was said about Rooney and Tevez last season, that's why when
talking about Rooney and Berbatov being the best strike pairing in Europe, I said 'at
the moment', which in undeniably true.

It doesn't matter why Tevez was dropped, let's be honest, we've played very well
without him in the team, probably our best football of the season so far, so Fergie
was right to drop him, fair or not. You don't keep putting a player in the team just
because it's fair, you put the players in the team who you think will do the best job,
and clearly Berbatov and Rooney are proving that.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Is it that hard to understand???
Football is about systems-- Fergie wanted Berba to play alongside Rooney even before we got Tevez on loan. He has been tracking Berba a long time.
In Fergies mind Rooney and Berba will be the best partnership in the world!
So Fergie has his dream pairing and it's looking like its already pulling together.... Rooney didn't score till Berba came on the scene. Now they both have 5 goals.

Dont Get me wrong Tevez is a super player but he aint no Rooney when Rooney hits this form, and Berba is a different player so dropping Berba for Tevez wont happen too much this season.
Rooney will be dropped for Tevez
Berbatov dropped and Giggs or Ronaldo played in his position.

Point is that who ever said Berba won't score 25+ goals a season is way off the mark.
Him and Rooney are a dream to watch..... the both of them have to play together.
They can rule the world
nothing is hard to understand - we're simply discussing - football is not exact sport and that's why we love it.
all three are wonderful players and i assure you will be rotated. as for berba being 25+ or as some of you suggested 30 + - i really can't see it happening. we just have to wait and see...
but what bothers me is that "instant euophoria" which surrounds certain players - "berba, torres" for ex. i have my own way looking at things and many of you might not agree but i actually think that torres haven'd paid off for liverpool. sure - he scored a remarkable 30 goals last season- but what has that won to liverpool- NOTHING, not even a carling cup....in fact they havent' improved a single bit on the table....now - if they do win the league or a CL this season he will have proved out to be a spot on buy who's been paid off by winning trophies ...
so he did great for his personal promotion and on a personal level but surely paying 27 mil pounds for a player means you're expecting that he helps you in wining some trophies.that's how i look at the amount of money paid. i may be wrong but ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
Blade said:
Obviously not. They've both scored goals in our last four games, does that not tell
you that Fergie was right to put his faith in them?

I know exactly what was said about Rooney and Tevez last season, that's why when
talking about Rooney and Berbatov being the best strike pairing in Europe, I said 'at
the moment', which in undeniably true.

It doesn't matter why Tevez was dropped, let's be honest, we've played very well
without him in the team, probably our best football of the season so far, so Fergie
was right to drop him, fair or not. You don't keep putting a player in the team just
because it's fair, you put the players in the team who you think will do the best job,
and clearly Berbatov and Rooney are proving that.
Exactly Blade........ The Berba and Rooney partnership is clicking.
Why change this, if you knew anything about the game you wouldn't even question this.
Fergie got it right, he always has and always will.
You can see they both love playing together, they both are two very differen't players and it works like a treat.
I like Tevez but i love what i'am seen here with Rooney and Berba---so why change this:confused:
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Blade said:
Obviously not. They've both scored goals in our last four games, does that not tell
you that Fergie was right to put his faith in them?

I know exactly what was said about Rooney and Tevez last season, that's why when
talking about Rooney and Berbatov being the best strike pairing in Europe, I said 'at
the moment', which in undeniably true.

It doesn't matter why Tevez was dropped, let's be honest, we've played very well
without him in the team, probably our best football of the season so far, so Fergie
was right to drop him, fair or not. You don't keep putting a player in the team just
because it's fair, you put the players in the team who you think will do the best job,
and clearly Berbatov and Rooney are proving that.
but some best football of this season is nowhere near the best football from last season when we played with rooney and tevez,,,anyway it's all on who do you like/rate more...so far it's working for both of them but i said my point and i'm sticking to them. i said why fergie decided to stick with berbatov despoite tevez wa the best man in the beginning fo the season. as you said it - you don't change something that's great and let's be honest tevez was great ...a few notn perfomances contradicts your claims
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Oh come on CROoney, Torres hasn't paid off for Liverpool? He scored 30+ goals, what
more can he do? he can't win the trophies by himself can he? he needs help from his
team mates and unfortunately for Liverpool their team wasn't good enough last season.
Saying Torres hasn't paid off is ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
CROoney said:
but some best football of this season is nowhere near the best football from last season when we played with rooney and tevez,,,anyway it's all on who do you like/rate more...so far it's working for both of them but i said my point and i'm sticking to them. i said why fergie decided to stick with berbatov despoite tevez wa the best man in the beginning fo the season. as you said it - you don't change something that's great and let's be honest tevez was great ...a few notn perfomances contradicts your claims
Crooney what you don'y understand mate is that Fergie was nerver gonna drop Berbatov...... not because of his price tag but because this is what fergie wanted.
A stricker who can hold the ball up ( Tevez runs with it)!!
Rooney was dropped for Tevez because Berbatov adds something differen't.... It's not that hard to understand!

And Tevez and Rooney were never a letal partnership..... they will never score you loads of gaols..... get with it!!
Berba and Rooney will score because it's the right mix
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Crooney what you don'y understand mate is that Fergie was nerver gonna drop Berbatov...... not because of his price tag but because this is what fergie wanted.
A stricker who can hold the ball up ( Tevez runs with it)!!
Rooney was dropped for Tevez because Berbatov adds something differen't.... It's not that hard to understand!

And Tevez and Rooney were never a letal partnership..... they will never score you loads of gaols..... get with it!!
Berba and Rooney will score because it's the right mix
lol - it must that you were sleeping the last season when the entire world was amazed by the 2...
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
wait is there even a partnership between Rooney and Berbatov :confused:
they don't seem to have the same understanding of Rooney and Tevez
no direct passes no one twos
there is no partnership Rooney scores hard goals alone and Berbatov scores the easy ones

and calling Rooney Berbatov partnership the best in europe holy cow
who are Aguero-Forlan Gilardinho-Bazzine (sp) Del Piero-Traziguet :rolleyes:

am very disappointed with Fergie, Tevez asked for a chance of playing but Sir Alex turned him down
 
1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Top