Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I don't think it's about price.

Berbatov has started to make some telling contributions and Wayne has benefited from it, so why break up the pair?

Berba is proving to be a great outlet up front, because the other players can pass the ball to hinm even when he's surrounded by opponents. He can still keep possesion and bring others into play and Rooney looks very happy to play with him.

How do you drop Rooney on current form? You simply can't.

So of the 3, tevez has had the least impact in terms of end product thus far this season.

I'm sure that Tevez will start whenever Berba or Rooney go through a dip in form.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hmm..... let's see. I remember one member on the site calculating based on 58 games and 2 sstriker spots that there will be 116 starts. Divided by Rooney, Berba and Tevez that's almost 39 starts per striker.

Who was it again? .... oh yeah it was me :rolleyes:

There will be enough games to go around and even give Manucho and Wellbeck a few games.

I think Fergie with over a quarter century's worth of management expereince can keep a few egos happy and you;re underestimating him if you don't.

Did tevez deserved to be dopped? No.
Did he deserved to be dropped, because there were only two spots available and Berba + Rooney are clicking and on fire? Yes.

For all his running and he only has one goal to his name, but he is an immense player and we need him as much as Berba and Rooney. He'll get his games when his form becomes better than the other two main strikers.

either that way or when fergie devises a tactic that can accommodate Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbs and Tevez.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Keano's fan said:
Rooney doesnt get the recognition ? Hmmm I find that slighty weird.

Im not doubting what a great player he is. People that know me have a good idea on how much I rate him. But all the talk of him being our main man and we wont be playing without him is nonesense IMO, no offence intended of course mate. But players like Van Der Sar, Rio, Evra and Ronaldo are more vital for the team than him. We could easily do with Berbatov and Tevez, no ? where with the rest, the replacements arent really in their mould or level.

When he doesnt play well, I expect him to get dropped. His committment and heart etc etc hasve nothing to do with really.
I can't agree with that.

Whenever Rooney didn't play last season the team's performance levels dropped faster than a hooker's knickers :rolleyes:

The difference was eally like night and day. There was a distinct lack of energy and directness. A lot of passing the ball sideways infront of the opponents defense and Carrick didn't have anybody to spray the ball to.

His poor finishing let him down last season, but his overall contribution was vital and as much as I like Tevez, I'd always choose Rooney over him if they were on similar form.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
So you are underplaying his importance by saying he was not the only missing ingredient. Nice.

What about our loss to West Ham? The attacking players were Tevez, Saha and Ronaldo. I guess you'll say Anderson was a substitute .....

That match just about summed up how important Rooney's energy is to Man Utd.

What about the very next game against Birmingham at home when we barely won 1-0?

And then there was the very next game against Aston Villa in the FA Cup and I believe we didn't score until Wayne Rooney came on. Either it was that or he came on and made it 2-0, but I remember that he had a direct impact coming off the bench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.