Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,512 Posts
When i said berbatov rooney would be the main striking partnership , everyone went mad and said tevez is better than rooney.
Now rooney is in the form of his life its all gone quiet , tevez will partner berbatov quite a lot this season but rooney does not like being sub.
Fergie is going to have quite a headache keeping the strikers happy this season unless they can find a formula to accomodate all three along with ronaldo.
For me its berbatov and rooney all the way they are made for each other

· Registered
3,512 Posts
Going back to the original question , yes it is tough on tevez being dropped he has shown great tenacity and energy , his commitment is not in question but i think rooney has the edge with his passing , shooting and heading ,it is a tough school and someone has to sit out but theres enough games over a season if we stay in all competitions to satisfy them all

· Registered
3,512 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Fergie put Berba straight into the team and dropped the form player!

What does that say to Tevez and the rest of the squad !

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Fergie already knows what tevez can do , but he needed to bed berbatov in quickly .
Tevez will play his fair share of games along with the rest of the squad , its going to be long season.
What it says to tevez is just be patient you will have a big part to play this season, there is no way all of our strikers will stay fully fit all season

· Registered
3,512 Posts
Keano's fan said:
There is no main man at United. If you perform, you get picked. If you dont, youre dropped. Rooney wont certainly be walking around expecting a guaranteed starting spot and neither should any other player.

I thought Tevez didnt deserve to be dropped at the start. He was argueably our best player at the time, and it really didnt make sense. But now, I dont see any problem with it. The two playing are in very good form so why change things.
rooney is the main man when he doesnt play most of time we dont either, the boy plays with his heart on his sleeve , he is undoubtably the player i most like to watch
rooney seldom has bad games and his commitment is without question , you just wait another four years when he is at his peak , he also doesnt walk around expecting to be guaranteed a starting spot he is unselfish and plays for the team hence he doesnt get the recognition he deserves, his game is based around setting other people up

· Registered
3,512 Posts
dont get me wrong our success has been built from the back , the back four has hardly been tampered with during our successful years .
we are in the fortunate position of having 3 quality right backs and that is the only thing that fergie really changes .
i suppose its all about opinions i am not saying tevez is bad , he has been a breath of fresh air for us , its just i rate rooney as a better all round player for example his passing and awareness of players in a better position than him , he really is unselfish and in my opinion is one the the influential players in our team , when he doesnt play we are never quite the same , i dont know if i could say the same about tevez

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.