Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
15,754 Posts
Simply put, he didn't deserve to be dropped.

He was our best player early season before he was dropped, and Rooney was seriously off-form.

And talking about the Rooney-Berbatov pairing has little to do with the question in hand. They are playing well now, so it would be a bit hard to drop either one of them. But Tevez was dropped before they were playing well, not because they were playing well.

Another point is that I don't think we can say whether Rooney-Tevez, Tevez-Berbatov or Rooney-Berbatov is the best partnership.

The different partnerships are the best depening on which game we play and the tactics we choose to employ. Though Berbatov has to improve his all-round performances, especially in away games like the Everton game on Saturday.

I am questioning though, why Tevez has went from being a vitally important player to 3rd choice substitution.

· Banned
15,754 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
Simply,
Sir Alex WON"T pay 30m. This is his last season at Man Utd.
Thats got nothing to do with my point in fairness.

Whether this is his last season or not, hes still our player for this season so we should use him just the same way we have been using him. We wouldn't throw someone down the pecking order because its his last season.

And £30m for Tevez is a better price than £30.75m for Berbatov, but thats another story.

Boomhauer50 said:
besides tevez would make more of an impact off the bench than berba so i think fergie is correct.
Whether you think Fergie is correct or not is fine with me, thats your opinion.

But that reason isn't right imo. You set up your team to win the game, so if Fergie thought we had more chance of winning the game with Tevez starting, then thats what he would do.

Yes, its good to have options to come off the bench. But you don't set up your team to NEED to use your substitutes for sure. Their just there incase you need them.

(Hope that makes sense. Makes sense to me anyway :p)

· Banned
15,754 Posts
sweet fa said:
i wonder if outside issues have cost tevez some playing time of late ?
yesterday tevez was pictured in the press playing away from home with a young lady and it was not his wife , "if this story is true " it also states this supposedly happy family man has got a track record of deserting his partners and having affairs.
obviously i don't know if there is any truth in the story but if there is fergie will have been the first to have known and i don't believe he would like that sort of behaviour and the player would pay a penalty somehow. it got me thinking because tevez has been out of favour this last month ,he could easily have been used more from the bench but other players have been used more than him and this story might do some explaining to us detectives
Tbh, I wouldn't think this had anything to do with it.

After all, there were newspaper stories that Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson were getting involved with hookers (I think it was) and nothing changed for them.

Sure, they weren't married but I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

· Banned
15,754 Posts
CROoney said:
well to be completely honest - you can see on carlos' performances that he's not completely realxed and lacks concentration and that he's playing under the pressure atm . the situation has clearly gotten him. he just doesn't seem to be playing with "the smile on his face" anymore...

i'm just hoping saf will start giving him a significant playing time in order to take him out of the crisis... just like he did with berbatov...

on given form - rooney-berbatov is the main partnership----
Well, he gave Rooney the time to get onto form (at Tevez's expense unfairly at the time) so it would be only fair if Tevez got the chance to get back onto form.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.