Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rooney £23m - Berba £30.75m - Tevez on loan

B4 Berba arrived Tevez was seen by many as playing the best in the early season matches.

Along comes Berba and Tevez is dropped.

Would Berba have taken Tevez's place if he was here on loan and Tevez had cost £30m.

no

Berba would have started from the bench and been eased into the team.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hello! Tevez was the form player when he was dropped !

Thats why i believe it is the price tag that determines selection

Quote "I think someone had to be dropped, and so long as players are dropped when there form also drops, then it doesn't matter who it is. Fergie will play the in form players when they're in form and right now Rooney and Berbatov are on form, as we can all see by the fact they have 5 goals each, and we've won all of these matches on the trot"

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
HEAR HEAR !!

"wait is there even a partnership between Rooney and Berbatov
they don't seem to have the same understanding of Rooney and Tevez
no direct passes no one twos
there is no partnership Rooney scores hard goals alone and Berbatov scores the easy ones

and calling Rooney Berbatov partnership the best in europe holy cow
who are Aguero-Forlan Gilardinho-Bazzine (sp) Del Piero-Traziguet

am very disappointed with Fergie, Tevez asked for a chance of playing but Sir Alex turned him down"

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I agree, except about our squad being a bit more complete to win the treble.

the only reason we didn't win the treble was because the team didn't turn up in the FA cup at O.T. against Porstmouth. We had hammered them earlier at O.T. and just thought we cud turn up and win.

Whilst i'm on the subject of commitment. We lost in the FA cup final to Chelsea the year before because our players were on the beer (and illegals) all week leading up to the match after winning the league.

I recall Alan Hansen explaining Uniteds poor performance as tired legs at the end of a drooling hard season. What complete rubbish !

I know this for a fact because i was witness to it.

quote" Common sense would say Rooney and Tevez partnership is class and its effective as it won us the Double and could have won use the treble if our squad was a bit more complete like the 99's with plenty of classy back ups on the bench

Rooney and Tevez partnership broke up Aston Villa Boro Arsenal Liverpool Roma Dynamo Kyiv etc..... need i say more than the back heel from Wazza to Carlito ...

plus Rooney and Tevez partnership had 37 goal and 20 assist in between :rolleyes:

it is a partnership the tear the defence apart not like Berba and Rooney which just score easy goals for Berba and hard ones for Wazza[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Fergie put Berba straight into the team and dropped the form player!

What does that say to Tevez and the rest of the squad !

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.