Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,812 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Hmm..... let's see. I remember one member on the site calculating based on 58 games and 2 sstriker spots that there will be 116 starts. Divided by Rooney, Berba and Tevez that's almost 39 starts per striker.

Who was it again? .... oh yeah it was me :rolleyes:

There will be enough games to go around and even give Manucho and Wellbeck a few games.

I think Fergie with over a quarter century's worth of management expereince can keep a few egos happy and you;re underestimating him if you don't.

Did tevez deserved to be dopped? No.
Did he deserved to be dropped, because there were only two spots available and Berba + Rooney are clicking and on fire? Yes.

For all his running and he only has one goal to his name, but he is an immense player and we need him as much as Berba and Rooney. He'll get his games when his form becomes better than the other two main strikers.

either that way or when fergie devises a tactic that can accommodate Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbs and Tevez.
you made a few good points but then again your' missing the main point...

i think that the one who opened this thread meant this - did tevez deserve to be dropped when he was first dropped while berbatov and rooney were still sub-standard and finding their feet while tevez was clearly the in-form of the trio...then - NO

but now - probably yes - but then again if he had been given the same time rooney and berba have had on the pitch i think he'd still had delivered---by goals, asissts, whatever...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
abojodeh said:
wait is there even a partnership between Rooney and Berbatov :confused:
they don't seem to have the same understanding of Rooney and Tevez
no direct passes no one twos
there is no partnership Rooney scores hard goals alone and Berbatov scores the easy ones

and calling Rooney Berbatov partnership the best in europe holy cow
who are Aguero-Forlan Gilardinho-Bazzine (sp) Del Piero-Traziguet :rolleyes:

am very disappointed with Fergie, Tevez asked for a chance of playing but Sir Alex turned him down
wth are u talking about? no partnership? then i guess you must be watching some other teams.
berba played some perfect passes in the past few games and i rmb him weighing an inch perfect through ball for rooney to score. what are u talking about??!:eek:
also fergie has stated clearly to tevez that he will also get plenty of chances. he did not turn down tevez. the reason tevez isn't playing now was because rooney's current form makes him unstoppable and also berba's banging in the goals so why change. im sure fergie would let tevez prove his worth and imo, all 3 strikers at our disposal are world class that such a thread is posted. :D anyway this will bring the most benefit to us. 3 hungry strikers
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,812 Posts
i hate that "why change something that's good" question...i mean it's so hypocritical...

i mean how come no one said - "why changing tevez when he was the best out of 3,when berba came" - why was tevez benchend in the first place when he was doing great ? because you dont' bench 30 mill pounds players imo
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
49,169 Posts
manutd43va said:
wth are u talking about? no partnership? then i guess you must be watching some other teams.
berba played some perfect passes in the past few games and i rmb him weighing an inch perfect through ball for rooney to score. what are u talking about??!:eek:
also fergie has stated clearly to tevez that he will also get plenty of chances. he did not turn down tevez. the reason tevez isn't playing now was because rooney's current form makes him unstoppable and also berba's banging in the goals so why change. im sure fergie would let tevez prove his worth and imo, all 3 strikers at our disposal are world class that such a thread is posted. :D anyway this will bring the most benefit to us. 3 hungry strikers
if one trough pass is called a partnership then Rooney and Carrick have the world greatest partnership :rolleyes:

where were you last season, Rooney and Tevez partnership is a partnership not with Berba, Rooney and Tevez used to built attacks on their own open spaces and create each other a dozen of chances, thats a parntership :rolleyes:
putting two forwards deep and let them scoring can't be called a partnership put Van Nistelrooy and Drogba upfront and they will score 40+ goal but would they have anything in between will they do anything to benefit each other
Andy Cole and Yorke had a true partnership Berkgkamp and Henry too as Rooney and Tevez, while Torres-Kuyt Anelka-Drogba and Rooney-Berbatov don't have a partnership they only play near each other
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,812 Posts
abojodeh said:
if one trough pass is called a partnership then Rooney and Carrick have the world greatest partnership :rolleyes:

where were you last season, Rooney and Tevez partnership is a partnership not with Berba, Rooney and Tevez used to built attacks on their own open spaces and create each other a dozen of chances, thats a parntership :rolleyes:
putting two forwards deep and let them scoring can't be called a partnership put Van Nistelrooy and Drogba upfront and they will score 40+ goal but would they have anything in between will they do anything to benefit each other
Andy Cole and Yorke had a true partnership Berkgkamp and Henry too as Rooney and Tevez, while Torres-Kuyt Anelka-Drogba and Rooney-Berbatov don't have a partnership they only play near each other
i agree....with every single word...

but let's wait and see if they will develope understaning that those stated had
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
i see the situation the same as that of 1999. Four strikers that propelled us to the treble. Yorke, Cole, Sheringham & Solsjkaer.

2008- rooney,berbatov,ronaldo & tevez. I see tevez having the same role as Solsjkaer, with the amount of important goals he got last year, tottenham (a) lyon (a) blackburn (a) & when you see the small margin in points at the end of the season between united & chelsea he very much played his part in different ways as vital as ronaldo's goals, taking into account the importance of tevez's goals against ronaldo's mass scoring.

I think Sir Alex has got a plan as always and knows exactly what he is doing, Tevez love United, United loves Tevez, no worries, just get that contract signed, that man from argentina is well worth the tag people put on Berba & Ron!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
When i said berbatov rooney would be the main striking partnership , everyone went mad and said tevez is better than rooney.
Now rooney is in the form of his life its all gone quiet , tevez will partner berbatov quite a lot this season but rooney does not like being sub.
Fergie is going to have quite a headache keeping the strikers happy this season unless they can find a formula to accomodate all three along with ronaldo.
For me its berbatov and rooney all the way they are made for each other
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
i fully agree, you only have to look @ the facts to see what effect rooney has, even when he's not in form, he is essential to united. Look @ majority of games United lost last year - no Rooney - his workrate and enthusiasm spreads to all in a united shirt when he plays
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
tevez was very unlucky to get dropped because rooney was the player struggling in the early season games {berbatov was bought to partner one of these 2} , but since rooney has been partnered with berbatov he has been amazing and their understanding and link up play is improving with each game.
utd's attack is firing better than it has for quite some time so i cannot see how anybody can complain?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
abojodeh said:
if one trough pass is called a partnership then Rooney and Carrick have the world greatest partnership :rolleyes:

where were you last season, Rooney and Tevez partnership is a partnership not with Berba, Rooney and Tevez used to built attacks on their own open spaces and create each other a dozen of chances, thats a parntership :rolleyes:
putting two forwards deep and let them scoring can't be called a partnership put Van Nistelrooy and Drogba upfront and they will score 40+ goal but would they have anything in between will they do anything to benefit each other
Andy Cole and Yorke had a true partnership Berkgkamp and Henry too as Rooney and Tevez, while Torres-Kuyt Anelka-Drogba and Rooney-Berbatov don't have a partnership they only play near each other
Don't agree....

Just listen Sir Alex's interviews after every game and you will understand why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,457 Posts
Why even question this partnership, Abo they have 5 goals each already!

Tevez is class, and everybody on this forum would agree but we have two striker's at the moment playing well and scoring goals so why break this up!!!
Tevez wont score us many goal's.... how many time's has he scored two goal's in a game!

You say that Berbatov score's easy goal's but that is what we have been missing for the past 2/3 seasons and been honest i would take two easy goal's from Berbatov than have Tevez run his heart out and score none!!!
That's just how see it!!! We have a gem here that will pull goals and games out of the bag for us when we need it!!

This thread is going dry....... same old smae old post's!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
Simple as Berbatov is a fantastic striker, Rooney and Tevez are very similar. Tevez has been carrying a knock in the last 2 games anyway I think. It's nothing to do with price.

SAF knows what hes doing. Tevez was great at the start of the season so yes i see why people feel it is unfair but Berbatov deserves his chance, he didn't come here to sit on the bench. Although nore did Tevez. Hopefully SAF can keep them both happy I'd be sad to see Tevez go :(
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
49,169 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Why even question this partnership, Abo they have 5 goals each already!

Tevez is class, and everybody on this forum would agree but we have two striker's at the moment playing well and scoring goals so why break this up!!!
Tevez wont score us many goal's.... how many time's has he scored two goal's in a game!

You say that Berbatov score's easy goal's but that is what we have been missing for the past 2/3 seasons and been honest i would take two easy goal's from Berbatov than have Tevez run his heart out and score none!!!
That's just how see it!!! We have a gem here that will pull goals and games out of the bag for us when we need it!!

This thread is going dry....... same old smae old post's!!!!
Partnership isn't about only scoring goals, especially when every partner score by his own or other player help (not his striker partner) like what the 'Glorious' partnership of Rooney and Berba is built on
as i said in my last post here you put Drogba and Ruud together in front and they end up scoring billion of goals but not creating goals not assisting not building abouts no understanding no step overs followed by one-twos no shared goals absolutely nothing!
such a partnership can only score goals nothing else

Rooney Tevez partnership is like Cole & Yorke's one where they could tear any defence apart with a brill pass by Cole followed by a through by Yorke etc..
and an example how affective they were they broke up Barca's defence apart in 99 just remember the three goals The combination was out of this world :eek:

The superb goal by Cole & Yorke


The Whole goals of Barca match


and look at Rooney's and Tevez's


Common any sense would say Rooney and Tevez partnership is class and its effective as it won us the Double and could have won use the treble if our squad was a bit more complete like the 99's with plenty of classy back ups on the bench

Rooney and Tevez partnership broke up Aston Villa Boro Arsenal Liverpool Roma Dynamo Kyiv etc..... need i say more than the back heel from Wazza to Carlito ...

plus Rooney and Tevez partnership had 37 goal and 20 assist in between :rolleyes:

it is a partnership the tear the defence apart not like Berba and Rooney which just score easy goals for Berba and hard ones for Wazza
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,930 Posts
I think someone had to be dropped, and so long as players are dropped when there form also drops, then it doesn't matter who it is. Fergie will play the in form players when they're in form and right now Rooney and Berbatov are on form, as we can all see by the fact they have 5 goals each, and we've won all of these matches on the trot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Going back to the original question , yes it is tough on tevez being dropped he has shown great tenacity and energy , his commitment is not in question but i think rooney has the edge with his passing , shooting and heading ,it is a tough school and someone has to sit out but theres enough games over a season if we stay in all competitions to satisfy them all
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hello! Tevez was the form player when he was dropped !

Thats why i believe it is the price tag that determines selection



Quote "I think someone had to be dropped, and so long as players are dropped when there form also drops, then it doesn't matter who it is. Fergie will play the in form players when they're in form and right now Rooney and Berbatov are on form, as we can all see by the fact they have 5 goals each, and we've won all of these matches on the trot"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
HEAR HEAR !!

"wait is there even a partnership between Rooney and Berbatov
they don't seem to have the same understanding of Rooney and Tevez
no direct passes no one twos
there is no partnership Rooney scores hard goals alone and Berbatov scores the easy ones

and calling Rooney Berbatov partnership the best in europe holy cow
who are Aguero-Forlan Gilardinho-Bazzine (sp) Del Piero-Traziguet

am very disappointed with Fergie, Tevez asked for a chance of playing but Sir Alex turned him down"
 
61 - 80 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top