Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
manutd 004 - i actually agree with boomhauer that tevez has more chance of making an impact from the bench because of his pace...while berba on the other hand needs time ...he usually start slowly and just walks around the pitch for the first 15-20 minutes and you can't expect from him to make the difference immediatelly

· Registered
866 Posts
this will not be a problem. we get so many injuries in our squad if Ronaldo Rooney or Berba gets injured or rested he will play. He will play more than people tink trust me.

With our current midfield situation and despite the good form of Giigs I'd like to see this in easy home games.

Ronaldo Fletcher Rooney Park
----------Tevez-----Berba--------

Now don't tell me that our midfield would be bossed we dominate almost all our home games these days.

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
this will not be a problem. we get so many injuries in our squad if Ronaldo Rooney or Berba gets injured or rested he will play. He will play more than people tink trust me.

With our current midfield situation and despite the good form of Giigs I'd like to see this in easy home games.

Now don't tell me that our midfield would be bossed we dominate almost all our home games these days.
i actually think it's not bad ( i was the one saying that rooney might be used as roy keane in midfield ) , but it would be a waste of wayne's talent imo...

sure he's got all the qualities to become the new roy keane but he can provide that little bit of magic to kill the game off in a second...and for that little bit of magic it is a shame to waste him as a diminutive midfielder

· Registered
1,373 Posts
scott 4 evra said:

I prefer this one:

Ronaldo Scholes Rooney Giggs

· Registered
52 Posts
"Ferguson is threatening to play Carlos Tevez, Berbatov and Wayne Rooney in the same side at some stage although for now, the South American is the odd man out. 'But three players will not fit into two positions and my job is to balance the team.'"

It was the interview with Sir Alex after the winning against West Ham.

I prefer

· Registered
418 Posts
There is no main man at United. If you perform, you get picked. If you dont, youre dropped. Rooney wont certainly be walking around expecting a guaranteed starting spot and neither should any other player.

I thought Tevez didnt deserve to be dropped at the start. He was argueably our best player at the time, and it really didnt make sense. But now, I dont see any problem with it. The two playing are in very good form so why change things.

· Registered
3,512 Posts
Keano's fan said:
There is no main man at United. If you perform, you get picked. If you dont, youre dropped. Rooney wont certainly be walking around expecting a guaranteed starting spot and neither should any other player.

I thought Tevez didnt deserve to be dropped at the start. He was argueably our best player at the time, and it really didnt make sense. But now, I dont see any problem with it. The two playing are in very good form so why change things.
rooney is the main man when he doesnt play most of time we dont either, the boy plays with his heart on his sleeve , he is undoubtably the player i most like to watch
rooney seldom has bad games and his commitment is without question , you just wait another four years when he is at his peak , he also doesnt walk around expecting to be guaranteed a starting spot he is unselfish and plays for the team hence he doesnt get the recognition he deserves, his game is based around setting other people up

· Registered
418 Posts
Rooney doesnt get the recognition ? Hmmm I find that slighty weird.

Im not doubting what a great player he is. People that know me have a good idea on how much I rate him. But all the talk of him being our main man and we wont be playing without him is nonesense IMO, no offence intended of course mate. But players like Van Der Sar, Rio, Evra and Ronaldo are more vital for the team than him. We could easily do with Berbatov and Tevez, no ? where with the rest, the replacements arent really in their mould or level.

When he doesnt play well, I expect him to get dropped. His committment and heart etc etc hasve nothing to do with really.

· Registered
3,512 Posts
dont get me wrong our success has been built from the back , the back four has hardly been tampered with during our successful years .
we are in the fortunate position of having 3 quality right backs and that is the only thing that fergie really changes .
i suppose its all about opinions i am not saying tevez is bad , he has been a breath of fresh air for us , its just i rate rooney as a better all round player for example his passing and awareness of players in a better position than him , he really is unselfish and in my opinion is one the the influential players in our team , when he doesnt play we are never quite the same , i dont know if i could say the same about tevez

· Registered
11,456 Posts
Keano's fan said:
Rooney doesnt get the recognition ? Hmmm I find that slighty weird.

Im not doubting what a great player he is. People that know me have a good idea on how much I rate him. But all the talk of him being our main man and we wont be playing without him is nonesense IMO, no offence intended of course mate. But players like Van Der Sar, Rio, Evra and Ronaldo are more vital for the team than him. We could easily do with Berbatov and Tevez, no ? where with the rest, the replacements arent really in their mould or level.

When he doesnt play well, I expect him to get dropped. His committment and heart etc etc hasve nothing to do with really.
I can't agree with that.

Whenever Rooney didn't play last season the team's performance levels dropped faster than a hooker's knickers :rolleyes:

The difference was eally like night and day. There was a distinct lack of energy and directness. A lot of passing the ball sideways infront of the opponents defense and Carrick didn't have anybody to spray the ball to.

His poor finishing let him down last season, but his overall contribution was vital and as much as I like Tevez, I'd always choose Rooney over him if they were on similar form.

· Registered
418 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I can't agree with that.

Whenever Rooney didn't play last season the team's performance levels dropped faster than a hooker's knickers :rolleyes:

The difference was eally like night and day. There was a distinct lack of energy and directness. A lot of passing the ball sideways infront of the opponents defense and Carrick didn't have anybody to spray the ball to.

His poor finishing let him down last season, but his overall contribution was vital and as much as I like Tevez, I'd always choose Rooney over him if they were on similar form.
Name me a single game where Rooney was the only attacking player missing from a team last season.

Ive talked so much about this point and people seem to be alwas singling out Rooney. He didnt play against Bolton but Ronaldo didnt either. He didnt play against City away, Ronaldo and Saha didnt either. He didnt play against City at home, Carrick, Saha and Evra didnt either. He didnt play against west ham, Scholes, Carrick and Anderson didnt either. Yes Rooney was a common factor but the main problem was that we lack firepower and options really.

· Registered
11,456 Posts
So you are underplaying his importance by saying he was not the only missing ingredient. Nice.

What about our loss to West Ham? The attacking players were Tevez, Saha and Ronaldo. I guess you'll say Anderson was a substitute .....

That match just about summed up how important Rooney's energy is to Man Utd.

What about the very next game against Birmingham at home when we barely won 1-0?

And then there was the very next game against Aston Villa in the FA Cup and I believe we didn't score until Wayne Rooney came on. Either it was that or he came on and made it 2-0, but I remember that he had a direct impact coming off the bench.

G

·
RedForceRising said:
So you are underplaying his importance by saying he was not the only missing ingredient. Nice.

What about our loss to West Ham? The attacking players were Tevez, Saha and Ronaldo. I guess you'll say Anderson was a substitute .....

What about the very next game against Birmingham at home when we barely won 1-0?

And then there was the very next game against Aston Villa in the FA Cup and I believe we didn't score until Wayne Rooney came on. Either it was that or he came on and made it 2-0, but I remember that he had a direct impact coming off the bench.
If my memory serves me correctly, he set Ronaldo up for one and scored the other.

· Registered
752 Posts
Clarky101 said:
Simple answer to this whole problem

Yorke: Buy Cole: Buy Sheringham: Buy Ole: Buy = Answer Treble

Present:

Rooney: Buy Berba: Buy Tevez: Loan

I say bring in another :D

Bring in another ..... No way.....

Manucho is there....... If you are true, the treble is on the way to Old Trafford.....

One more question........Ronaldo is a striker or a winger ?

· Registered
418 Posts
RedForceRising said:

We lost against west ham to two set pieces. Yeah Rooney wouldve defended them better Im guessing ?

Youre picking out a couple of games that we didnt play well without Rooney. I could counter that with the first half against West ham the othe day where we were brilliant at times, without Rooney. I could also name a few games where we barely won (or didnt even win) with Rooney in the team.

Tevez too made great impact off the bench you know. As did a few other players. So again, when you mention a couple of occasions or one in your case of him changing the game, that doesnt really mean anything when I can probably do the same with a few other players.

All that just strengthens my belief that as important as Rooney is, he's just another player in the team. And whilst he'll be missed if he didnt play just like every other great player would be, we'll still manage comfortably IMO.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
Bring in another ..... No way.....

Manucho is there....... If you are true, the treble is on the way to Old Trafford.....

One more question........Ronaldo is a striker or a winger ?
Good question!!!
IMO we have 4 players / Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez / who could play as strikers. But they also could play as attacking midfielders or wingers. I thought we will use Berbatov as target man, but Sir Alex doesn't think like me :D IMO we now have 4 strikers and 4 attacking midfielders who could easily change their positions :)

· Proto-Hipster
49,169 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I can't agree with that.

and to help you

Rooney was a part of every win with 4 goals or more in the last season
and we only lost one match while hes playing (Chelsea) as he was out of Citteh and Westham Clashes)

hes not important eh ? those records make him very important for :rolleyes:

101 - 120 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.